What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iTunes Update Question

iOS5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys. I've had my iPad 2 since April now, but every time I have had an iTunes update, my dad set it up for me. Now I'm trying to figure it out myself. I got a notification stating that I need to update to 10.5. Does my iPad need to be plugged into my laptop to update iTunes (not iOS)?
Thanks.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, if you simply open iTunes on your computer w/o the iPad connected, the iTunes update will be offered (if applicable), and can be accepted if desired, i.e. your iPad does not need to be plugged into your computer for the iTunes update; now when iOS 5 is released (soon!) for the iPad, you will need the device tethered to iTunes, after the initial iPad iOS upgrade, additional ones can be done via Wi-Fi from my understanding.

Hope this helps - please post back if there is still a questions - :)

Most reactions

Latest posts