What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iTunes sync problem

fiat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I learned (from several threads here) how to transfer photos/video from my mac to my ipad3 by itunes sync. First (about a week ago) I transfered my photoshare folder (with some photos and video files) to my ipad3 via itunes wi-fi sync and it showed up in ipad's Photos fine. Later (about 3 days ago) I did my wallpaper folder and it also showed up together with the previous files all in Photos library. I have set my ipad's wallpaper from 2 of my wallpaper files. Afterwards (yesterday) all my files in photoshare folder (1st sync) suddenly disappeared; only wallpaper files (2nd sync) showed up in Photos. Today I just went back to itunes sync my photoshare folder. I wonder that what's going on with this itunes sync: why ipad won't keep my itunes sync files until I say "delete it"? or I have to sync the same folders every day to keep them in ipad?

Another question: since I use "wi-fi sync", next time when I want to sync do I need to connect my ipad to my mac? I suppose it's not needed, yet last time my itunes seemed to require the connection. What's the issue here? Maybe it requires ipad be plug in power? If so, please confirm.

Appreciate any help.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
When you set a folder to sync, it stays synced. Each time you sync it checks that folder and syncs any changes. If you remove the folder from the sync list, it will be removed from the iPad. Actually, that is the only way to remove a synced album.

If you want more than one album, place all the folders you want to sync in the same folder, and choose to sync it. Each folder will become an album. This only works with one level of folders. No folders in folders in folders allowed.

iOS and iPod: Syncing photos using iTunes

Most reactions

Latest posts