What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

itunes streaming from pc to ipad2 wireless over home network

Chef K

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have iTunes installed on my windows 7 pc. How do I open the library on my iPad to play into another stereo system? I can't open iTunes on my iPad other than go to the store.

Project37

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Download the Apple Remote app from the app store. With iTunes running on your PC you will need to insure you "turn on home sharing" under the advanced settings tab in iTunes. Once done you can access all your iTunes media on the iPad via the Apple Remote app provided your PC and iPad are on the same WiFi network. iTunes has to be running on the PC thou during the streaming from your PC to the iPad.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Project37

iPF Noob
Reaction score
image-54042261.jpg

This is the Apple Remote app.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
C

Chef K

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, this noob installed the remote app. I can now see iTunes on the iPad. I hit play, the player scrolls the timeline of the song, but no audio. I DO have audio in other apps like Air Video. I'm sure I'm missing a setting somewhere. Where would that be,please.

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
You don't need the remote app, thats for control of your itune library on your PC so it will output audio from whatever the pc is connected to, unless you connect your pc to your hifi, then it is what you want.

For payback on the ipad (or anything its connected to) use homesharing, turn homesharing on in itunes on PC and ipad and then use the music app and press the more button then Shared and your itunes library should appear.

OP
C

Chef K

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iTunes library is seen on the iPad. I can also see that the song is playing. No audio out of the headphone jack. All the sharing settings seem correct. Just
no audio.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Somethings to try, if you have not already.

1) Make sure you've turned the volume up. The iPad keeps different volume leves for the headphone and speaker, so do expect it to play just because the speaker did.

2) Make sure the headphones are firmly seated. It's easy to think they are, especially if you have a cover, and the jack gets caught on the edge.

3) In Settings > Music, check your Volume Limit setting.

4) While it should not affect Music playback, you should also check to make sure you are not muted. This can either be the slide switch next to the volume rocker, or in the multitask bar (double tap home and slide the icons to the right). The settings are here: iPad: Understanding the side switch

5) It never hurts to restart the iPad, or reset if that does not work.

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears. Apple recommends you restart the iPad at least once a month.

and then a reset if that does not work.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

OP
C

Chef K

iPF Noob
Reaction score
None of this worked. I am trying to listen on the iPad speaker at this point. Just for giggles.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Then all I've got left it to ask if you've tried more than one pair of headphones.

You might want to contact Apple. If there is a fault with the headphone jack it should be covered under the hardware warrantee.

OP
C

Chef K

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But I have audio through the phones with Air Video on this iPad

OP
C

Chef K

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes I can. I tried another tack today. Rest the passwords in iTunes and the iPad. iTunes still shows no users connected, music in the iPad has a blank screen and says no music. I've allowed an ip address exception in my firewall on the pc. Nothing should be blocking the devices from seeing each other.

Most reactions