What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

itunes store (outside USA)

kaminiemahadeo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am unable to get all the features on iTunes on my iPad, I don't have the options of downloading music, ping, etc, all I can access is the podcasts, download and iTunes u....any help on this?

kaminiemahadeo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
deetrees said:
go to google and type in "parman itunes" and thru that company you can buy itunes gift cards etc internationally. and they now have prepaid credit cards to use iCloud and Match etc. dopee

Thanks will try it

kaminiemahadeo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Think the iTunes features like music, ping,etc are not available in my country but thanks anyway

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Think the iTunes features like music, ping,etc are not available in my country but thanks anyway

You're still dealing with this I see, Kamin...Have you tried to private message col.bris the Super Moderator. He can direct you better regarding itunes restrictions and other options. His response is I believe 2 pages back. Good luck.

Medicbonzs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
kaminiemahadeo said:

I travel between the US and middle east. I use hidemyass.com to change my VPN IP address, allowing me to access otherwise blocked web sites when traveling abroad. Enjoy!

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am paying $52 for a $50 iTunes us card. Much much lower than eBay jockeys whom rip you off. It is easy to set up but in brief one needs a us account with a us address plus a email that is not local. If you need additional help pm me.

Col.briis administrator.

MikeeW

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, Thanks for the useful queries and responses. I am delighted the process is so direct in this forum.

I have a MacBook Pro and use an iTunes account with a US address etc. I do NOT use a credit card and have been able to use gift cards from a relative in the US. Works flawlessly. Only a few times had a problem with downloads of songs but always got a free song credit.

I have been able to download iPod apps using the US account and sync with the MBP. I do not have any other iTunes account.

I am buying an iPad soon and live outside the US. My question has to do with the initial setup of the iPad when I start it for the first time. I will buy it while in the Philippines and will use my iTunes account (the US one). When I am asked what country I am in (I believe it is the second or third thing done when first starting the iPad) is there any reason I should NOT use the Philippines? My hunch is to use the US and then continue on with the process. But, I will be doing this while in the Philippines and not sure if that will give me troubles later.

I understand from the forum that whenever I have an app downloaded on my MBP, it will sync with the other iOS devices I own and the apps will work just fine. The source of the purchase is not the issue (as I have read in the forum). I just wondered if the initial setup using the Philippines as my country will haunt me later.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
welcome on boardlease set it up where you live be aware you can have more than one iTunes account. You can switch between counties easily and sync and update apps etc with out issue.

MikeeW

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Col.Bris,

To be clear, I can set up a new iPad, at the same time create a new Apple ID (in addition to the one I have already). I would do this in the country of purchase.

I can then, using that iPad, set up an iTunes account in the same country.

Now, I can use the new iTunes account to buy apps on the new iPad. As well, I can use the new iTunes account to buy apps from my MacBook. In effect, I can load all sorts of apps from two different iTunes accounts into one MacBook.

I can then open the new iTunes account or the old one on my MacBook, and sync with the iPad.

I think that is what I understand. What remains just a bit fuzzy for me is the fact that there are apps stored on the MacBook from two different iTunes accounts. I am assuming from what I've read, that makes no difference. I simply use one or the other iTunes accounts on the iPad to sync them from the MacBook. Once they have been placed into the iPad (from either account) they remain there.

I guess what I'm saying is that once I have placed an app into the iPad, it remains. Any sync that follows will simply add more, if more have been purchased from with account.

Most reactions

Latest posts