What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

itunes store (outside USA)

Iyertalks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was trying to set up a US account in the itune store, but the no payment option has been disabled by Apple. Hence I can't access any ipad apps outside of US. Is there any other way around it ? Appreciate your advise.

I am in the same position ... Would greatly appreciate any help. I am in India and would love to get my Ipad loaded with iBooks.

Cheers

- G

Wilko58

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Colin,

I'm in the same boat - bought an iPad in US yesterday and in UK today can't get it to work with my UK iTunes account. Would be very grateful for a detailed explanation of what to do please? One other question while in the US I plugged it into my laptop to register it whereas I usually use my desktop with my iTunes account; should I not have done this?
Thanks in advance

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Give me a day to respond buried in work I will answer with my method that works for me.

I am using an iPhone to respond so a little difficult
Cheers. Colin

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wilko58 said:
Hi Colin,

I'm in the same boat - bought an iPad in US yesterday and in UK today can't get it to work with my UK iTunes account. Would be very grateful for a detailed explanation of what to do please? One other question while in the US I plugged it into my laptop to register it whereas I usually use my desktop with my iTunes account; should I not have done this?
Thanks in advance
Change countries in itunes on home page and set up a uk account all should be fine you need a uk email address etc to do this

Wilko58

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Colin but I already have a UK account with funds in it and when I try to change country it says I can't until the account is empty. I've also totally reset my iPad and managed to transfer data using USB connection to iTunes. When I open iTunes in the iPad it does recognise me but again says the same thing 'The App Store is not supported in this country'. I guess I'm going to have to spend my money first using my PC and then change accounts unless someone knows how to tell the iPad taht it should be coinnecting to the UK App Store? Thx

Zorban

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Before the release of the iPad in UK you will not be able to use the UK account on the iPad itself. You can use it on your computer to buy apps and music for now. Your purchases can then be synced over to the iPad. Once released in UK this should not be a problem.

iBooks is US only atm but it is said that there will be regional ibook stores upon release. I have not heard anything more than that.
To get your hands on the iBooks right now do the following.

Start iTunes.
Scroll down to the little round flag in the right corner.
Choose US.
Create an US account. (Buy US giftcard on Ebay first as you will need it to create the account and buy things unless you have a US cc)
Login to that account on yout iPad.
Shop away! at least until your giftcard money runs out ;)

Also apps synced over from the iPad with your UK account can only be updated via itunes on your computer and not on the iPad itself. The US account apps will work as usual.

I hope that helps.
/Zorb

Wilko58

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Zorban,

Thanks for the info. I found some help on an the Apple iPad site (I think - looked at that many!) that saod if you log off any account you already have then go to the App Store and click to download a free App it will ask you to log-in or create an account and if you do it this way when it asks for credit card details it allows you to select none and still create an account (with a US address). If you don't ask to download a free App it does not allow you to select 'none' in the credit card details. At least I've not had to spend my credit in the UK store to change my account to a US one so hopefully I will be able to use it come 28 May.

AlishaJohn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For a USA Credit card holder,it is an easy task to go with iTunes Store as we know. But what will do if you don't have a USA credit card...???? Now it is too easy to buy and rent Movies and TV shows and buy apps,Music,audio books and games from the USA iTunes store even if you don't have a USA Credit

Contact me with private message

Last edited by a moderator:

ChochoD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tried setting up a us iTunes from Uk
And I think they have stoped you Now you csrnt choose the option "none" on the credit card list so you gotta have a us credit card
Has any one else noticed it yet
I just want iBooks rele arggggggggghhhhh
yep, same goes for me for trying to setup an US acc.... :(

Frezing Phoenix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys try this. Select the country that you want, then try to download a free application, fill in the details, then on the second page you should be able to select none for the credit card details. This worked for me years ago and I tried it awhile back and it still seems to be working great. Good luck :p

cocacola15

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tried setting up a us iTunes from Uk
And I think they have stoped you Now you csrnt choose the option "none" on the credit card list so you gotta have a us credit card
Has any one else noticed it yet
I just want iBooks rele arggggggggghhhhh

if you cant put in an american credit card then you should just use a gift card. I found a site where you can buy iTunes gift card CODES online. It's not a scam, I bought from the site twice so far and it's amazing. Completely legit. No waiting, once you make the payment, a scan of the card will be e-mailed to you right away. Check it out Legitimate US USA iTunes Gift Card EMail Instant Delivery (Code Certificate Voucher)

Legitimate US USA iTunes Gift Card EMail Instant Delivery (Code Certificate Voucher)

cynic64

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi col.bris

Hope your head is still above water ! Have been following flood news from NZ as have friend in Brissie who (thankfully) remained dry.

Also v interested in your solution to this thread's issue (have been lurking for too long :eek:) - PM sent

Most reactions

Latest posts