What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

itunes store (outside USA)

kheldour

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am in Australia and cannot access Itunes from my Ipad. I get a message stating that Itunes is not available for this country. Not a major issue as I can access most of what I want from my PC and then since.

Log off on your PC and create a new account in the US-Store, using a Gmail-Address or similar service.

Then look up any postal address in the US and enter that in your new account.
Payment option is "none".

After the next sync, you should have access from the iPad.

Timd9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't hane a private message
I've tried doing what you are saying but the option of choose none payment isn't there

kheldour

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've tried doing what you are saying but the option of choose none payment isn't there

Did you set up a NEW account on iTunes-US-Store?????

You should see "Apple-Account-Information" button, then choose "Edit Payment Information", there you see "none".

Attachments

• Payment-Option.jpg
    Payment-Option.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 296

jenna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am in Australia and cannot access Itunes from my Ipad. I get a message stating that Itunes is not available for this country. Not a major issue as I can access most of what I want from my PC and then since.

Log off on your PC and create a new account in the US-Store, using a Gmail-Address or similar service.

Then look up any postal address in the US and enter that in your new account.
Payment option is "none".

After the next sync, you should have access from the iPad.

will that affect the apps I allready have from the Aus store.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No Jenna where are you in Australia I am in Brisbane. You can change counties on home page in iTunes go to bottom of page. I can give you details how to do it in morning

I am on my iPhone at moment. Need sleep lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
kheldour said:
Did you set up a NEW account on iTunes-US-Store?????

You should see "Apple-Account-Information" button, then choose "Edit Payment Information", there you see "none".

I will help early sun am it's sat 1:42 here
Thanks for your help

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Timd9 said:
I will sort it out in a few hours when I wake up. Cheers Colin

jenna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got the iTunes store working. Now happily reading my books on the Ibooks app which is working well for my pubs. Now have kindle for any kindle or mobi books and Ibooks for pub.

moultymagic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No Jenna where are you in Australia I am in Brisbane. You can change counties on home page in iTunes go to bottom of page. I can give you details how to do it in morning

col.bris - hoping you can help me, I think my question is similar to the previous one (if not the same)

I have an Ipad and have synced it with my UK itunes account for all of my UK apps, etc.

I have also a US itunes account.... my question is if I download Ibooks (or other app) from the US store and then sync it with my ipday will I loose all of my UK stuff on my ipad ?

Basically - can I have both sets of apps on the same ipad at the same time and if so how.

Many thanks in anticipation
moultymagic

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes no problem. You may have to authorize apps bought from USA just enter correct user nam and password when requested by iTunes otherwise it works fine. Col

kheldour

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I actually have, for several reasons, more than one account with the iTunes-Store US.

All you have to do is keep record of you account details (username, password). This is all you need to use music, videos and apps from several iTunes accounts in one iTunes database.

Please make sure, that you keep exact record of the devices you want to have access to these content. Apple only allows up to 5 (five) computers/devices using DRM-content. You can manage those in your iTunes.

One final advise. When you change your computer(s) accessing/using your iTunes (maybe because you buy a new one), then disable it first in iTunes, before you swap.
Because Apple only allows you ONCE per year to disable all devices at once.

e_laniel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am using the US store because I setup the credit card of a US friend who is my colleague in Honduras.

emkwan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm trying to do exactly the same. UK ipad owner wanting to dl iBooks. Can anyone send me pm or instructions? Many thanks.

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score

col.bris - hoping you can help me, I think my question is similar to the previous one (if not the same)

I have an Ipad and have synced it with my UK itunes account for all of my UK apps, etc.

I have also a US itunes account.... my question is if I download Ibooks (or other app) from the US store and then sync it with my ipday will I loose all of my UK stuff on my ipad ?

Basically - can I have both sets of apps on the same ipad at the same time and if so how.

Many thanks in anticipation
moultymagic

I have exactly the same question and yet i didn’t see a clear reply … if someone have two account can explain if it work that will be excellent

@moultymagic, by the way regards from GZ :D

ckh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was trying to set up a US account in the itune store, but the no payment option has been disabled by Apple. Hence I can't access any ipad apps outside of US. Is there any other way around it ? Appreciate your advise.

Most reactions

Latest posts