What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

itunes store (outside USA)

padillabra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you know if ipad will work with itunes store in each country in the coming months?
I know that today it work only with USA itunes store.
Thanks

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the question

If you purchased an ipad and live in a country other than USA you can access and purchase from that store once you set up the email user name and password for that country you live in and also set up either a credit card account or buy local itunes cards to pay for down loads.

You can purchase any thing you want on from that store however ibooks is currently not available any where other than USA store

As an example we already have applications available in Australia on the Aussie itunes store. Once Apple starts shipping then each country will have their own ibooks store for that country (localised)

One can access itunes stores from any country by going to on the itunes home page bottom of page and select the country icon This will bring up a list of countries for you to view. You can select any country and browse HOWEVER you cannot purchase from that country unless you have an address in that country.
In order to purchase in that country you will need a visa card or an itunes card for that country. I realise it sounds complicated but that is the rules The usa itunes store has for example the latest movies released whereas Australia is about 3 months behind and the music has far greater titles than Australia ( jazz is great ) however on the itunes store here we have Aussie music that is not on the US store. Its all about copy right.

Hope that helps
By the way where do you live it makes it easy to give the correct advice for your country
Cheers Colin

Last edited:
OP
P

padillabra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok. But I live in Brazil. The Brazilian iTunes Store will work iPad? Of Course I've already a login for Brazilian Account. I read somewhre that we couln't connect to other international iTunes Store.

Thanks

Thanks for the question

If you purchased an ipad and live in a country other than USA you can access and purchase from that store once you set up the email user name and password for that country you live in and also set up either a credit card account or buy local itunes cards to pay for down loads.

You can purchase any thing you want on from that store however ibooks is currently not available any where other than USA store

As an example we already have applications available in Australia on the Aussie itunes store. Once Apple starts shipping then each country will have their own ibooks store for that country (localised)

One can access itunes stores from any country by going to on the itunes home page bottom of page and select the country icon This will bring up a list of countries for you to view. You can select any country and browse HOWEVER you cannot purchase from that country unless you have an address in that country.
In order to purchase in that country you will need a visa card or an itunes card for that country. I realise it sounds complicated but that is the rules The usa itunes store has for example the latest movies released whereas Australia is about 3 months behind and the music has far greater titles than Australia ( jazz is great ) however on the itunes store here we have Aussie music that is not on the US store. Its all about copy right.

Hope that helps
By the way where do you live it makes it easy to give the correct advice for your country
Cheers Colin

kheldour

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I read somewhre that we couln't connect to other international iTunes Store.

Normally you can connect to any iTunes-store worldwide. Just log off and register a new account for the US store. Look up some US-address in the internet and the billing option "none".

Then use you eBay-Account (assume you have one) and log into "ebay.com". Account and password are the same and look for "iTunes Gift Certificates" with email delivery. Once you get the gift code go to the store, "redeem" with that code and off you go.

;)

OP
P

padillabra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok. thanks

I read somewhre that we couln't connect to other international iTunes Store.

Normally you can connect to any iTunes-store worldwide. Just log off and register a new account for the US store. Look up some US-address in the internet and the billing option "none".

Then use you eBay-Account (assume you have one) and log into "ebay.com". Account and password are the same and look for "iTunes Gift Certificates" with email delivery. Once you get the gift code go to the store, "redeem" with that code and off you go.

;)

Timd9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tried setting up a us iTunes from Uk
And I think they have stoped you Now you csrnt choose the option "none" on the credit card list so you gotta have a us credit card
Has any one else noticed it yet
I just want iBooks rele arggggggggghhhhh

Timd9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tried setting up a us iTunes from Uk
And I think they have stoped you Now you csrnt choose the option "none" on the credit card list so you gotta have a us credit card
Has any one else noticed it yet
I just want iBooks rele arggggggggghhhhh

you have private mail

What do you mean private mail

Please help opts driving me nuts

jenna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am in Australia and cannot access Itunes from my Ipad. I get a message stating that Itunes is not available for this country. Not a major issue as I can access most of what I want from my PC and then since.

Most reactions

Latest posts