What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

itunes says over capacity ipad?

iRuthlessPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
i have been syncing my ipad for a while now and never had this problem..

whenever i sync it to itunes it says OVER CAPACITY..although i have more than 150mb in my ipad...but when i sync it to itunes it says over capacity and on ipad it says "RUNNING OUT OF MEMORY"..why does it take that 150 mb left?? is this a bug..because it never happened before! :(

Videographer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have been syncing my ipad for a while now and never had this problem..

whenever i sync it to itunes it says OVER CAPACITY..although i have more than 150mb in my ipad...but when i sync it to itunes it says over capacity and on ipad it says "RUNNING OUT OF MEMORY"..why does it take that 150 mb left?? is this a bug..because it never happened before! :(

I'm not a technical geeg, but the only thing I can think of is that it needs some available on-board memory to properly function. Like your computer, it needs buffer memory to use various programs as well as the Internet. I'm not sure, but that's the only thing I can come up with. I'm sure someone here might have the proper answer for you.

OP
iRuthlessPad

iRuthlessPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
no but it never happened before..i understand what u say but isnt that memory already taken by the ipad when its 14gb in-built instead of 16gb?

Videographer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
no but it never happened before..i understand what u say but isnt that memory already taken by the ipad when its 14gb in-built instead of 16gb?

You've got me there. I wish I could help with this one, so I can only say that hopefully someone with some knowledge on this will come aboard.

Somerled

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.deckyon.com
It is entirely possible that there is an app that has files added to it from somewhere other than iTunes that is taking up space even though iTunes is not showing it. You will want some working space, and 150 mb is not a lot. Try getting rid of redundant apps until you get the iPad sync'd up. then, add back the apps until you run out of space.

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you tried to close all your apps, that are running in the background? Double click the HOME button, then tap and hold any app, on the task bar that pops up, until they all wiggle, and have an X in the top left corner of all the apps on the task bar popup. Tap the X to close each open app. That should free up some memory. Tap and hold the HOME and POWER buttons until the Apple Icon appears, then wait for it to reboot, it may take up to 5 min or so. This is a hard reset. This may help also. Helps with many weird problems on the iDevices. There's also an app called XSysInfo from the Apple App store that will help show what is using up all the memory.

OP
iRuthlessPad

iRuthlessPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
its not that...the memory suddenly disappears when i SYNC the ipad..and then when i eject it..it comes back to normal :confused:

Most reactions

Latest posts