What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Itunes replacement on Linux

ratatapa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wanna install Linux Ubuntu 10.10 but Itunes 10.1 doesn't work with Wine

Is there another application so that i can synch my Ipad with and maybe update it once 4.2 is out?

Or maybe you guys knows a way to install Itunes 10.1 on Wine

Thx

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Having an iPod Touch and an iPad (that uses an iOS written in UNIX) is one of the reasons I am not 100% 'NIX at home so am also anxious to see if someone has come up with something.

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
Hi,

I have an iPhone 3GS that is fully supported by Ubuntu 10.10 plus the launchpad for iPhone's libraries. The default one do not work with firmware 4.2. That being said, the iPad is still not supported by Ubuntu even with the libs from launchpad. Probably a matter of time.

So, to be able to have videos, I use oPlayer (lite) to view movies. It can play almost any format, import thru wifi via a bunch of protocols. Works really great. For music, you can also use oPlayer but haven't tried it.

I have done some tests using a dlna server (mediatomb) and fusestream on the iPad. Works really great for over the air streaming. But also you can download locally to your iPad the media found by mediatomb on your servers.

You won't be able to use the internal iPod player but fusion and oplayer are really good solutions. Also, fusionstream can download multiple files at the same time, this is pretty cool when importing a lot music or videos.

Everything else is in the cloud (google)...

matt_90036

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm interested in it as well. I am willing to run Linux on my windows in order to avoid iTunes nightmare.

Most reactions

Latest posts