What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iTunes Radio: Where did it go?

KenB123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Am I going crazy? I had the new iTunes Radio icon in the Music application. Had setup a few stations and was enjoying it. Now I open the Music app and there is no iTunes Radio icon. Was this a temporary thing?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
No, it shouldn't be temporary.
Force close all apps. Then open Music again. It should reappear.
(Double press Home button to reveal multitask bar, then swipe thumbnails towards the top of the screen.)

OP
K

KenB123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, it shouldn't be temporary.
Force close all apps. Then open Music again. It should reappear.
(Double press Home button to reveal multitask bar, then swipe thumbnails towards the top of the screen.)

Yes, thanks. I was trying that as you were posting. First thing I tried was running the iTunes App Store application and selecting iTunes Radio from there (there is a Quick Link at the bottom of the Music page). It ran. Then I also did the reboot. Sure enough it is back under the Music application. Odd, but at least resolved for now.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This was happening to other iPad users as well, and afaik it always seems to help. Glad it worked for you also.

Somerled

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.deckyon.com
The biggest thing I have noticed about the iTunes Radio is the sound quality is much lower than when I am streaming from my Match music. It is like the difference between the in-dash car radio and in-dash car CD player.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sounds the same to me, then again I'm not exactly the pickiest or most observant listener. But it could be. Match actually downloads the 256kbps (if memory servers) version of the track, though it starts playing before the download completes.

I don't know what iTunes Radio does for streaming, but even a high quality stream is likely to be more compressed than an actuall download. And it might adjust for bandwidth, so that quality could vary.

Edit: Checked. Yes iTunes Match uses 256 kpbs quality files, even if the ones you had on the computer were of lower quality. The only exceptions would be those lower quality files that Match could not match, and had to upload to iCloud.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts