What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iTunes question

ahoward1126

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have sync apps checked on my iTunes, ( did that when I first got my iPad, and downloaded a bunch of apps on iTunes). My question is, when I plug my iPad into my computer will it wipe out any new apps I've downloaded on my iPad, or will it just back up the newly downloaded apps to my computer?

Thanks,
Adam

Reaction score
iTunes syncs apps both ways, meaning any new apps on the iPad will be transferred onto the computer and any new apps from the computer will be transferred onto the iPad. Under no circumstance will iTunes delete apps upon syncing.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iTunes will not delete any apps or other downloads, but if I remember right, it will not back them up unless you go into the finder and tell it to backup.

Reaction score
ipad2forfree said:
i read an article somewhere about ipads possibly being rendered inoperable due to a itunes software update, i havent come across this has anyone else?

That is extremely unlikely. Apple develops iTunes as the central hub for iOS devices, so it would be counter-productive to make it not work with iPad's.

Is there any chance the article was mentioning jailbroken iPad's? Because there is always the chance that Apple chances something in the way iTunes and iPad interact, which could potentially prevent a jailbroken iPad from syncing with iTunes. But Apple hasn't done anything like this in a long time. And even if, the worst that could happen is that the iPad stops syncing with iTunes, but it will not be rendered inoperable. And you could always reinstall an older iTunes version to work-around that hypothetical non-syncing issue.

As for non-jailbroken iPads is this nothing to worry about. iTunes will always work with iPad's, that is what the software is there for.

Most reactions

Latest posts