What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Itunes Question...Backing Up

Hivoltage

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do I back up my entire Itunes to an external disc drive?

When I ask to do a backup, my drive drawer opens up and asks for me to insert a disk. Certainly there is a way to back up and not need to use 20 disks!!!

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hivoltage said:
How do I back up my entire Itunes to an external disc drive?

When I ask to do a backup, my drive drawer opens up and asks for me to insert a disk. Certainly there is a way to back up and not need to use 20 disks!!!

Hi! iTunes keeps a backup every time you sync your iPad. The DVD backup is optional, but worthwhile just in case iTunes messes up and you need to reinstall it. 20? Is that CDs or DVDs? I have a lot of stuff in in tunes including large music files and videos for work, and my last DVD backup only took 9 DVDs. Ordinary CDs would be a nightmare.....:)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What I've done is, connect external drive. When it shows up on the desktop, I've grabbed the whole iTunes library folder and dropped it in there. USB works well, but FireWire is really fast.

Most reactions

Latest posts