What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Itunes problem

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry if I'm missing something here, but iTunes is not your music player. It's your access point to the iTunes Store. To play music you need to use the Music app.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
angel4avon said:
Itunes wont play purchased music on ipad 2.. Any fixes?

This is what the music app looks like on the home screen.

image-952755365.jpg

jolie11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, you could use iPod (it’s orange with an iPod-like symbol on it) to play the music. When you click it you get a list of all music on your iPad. As soon as you tip on one of them playback should start.
At the bottom you can chose how to display your library (by Artist, Album, Songs, …)
You'll need this guide: http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/ipad_2_user_guide.pdf

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
jolie11 said:
Well, you could use iPod (it’s orange with an iPod-like symbol on it) to play the music. When you click it you get a list of all music on your iPad. As soon as you tip on one of them playback should start.
At the bottom you can chose how to display your library (by Artist, Album, Songs, …)
You'll need this guide: http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/ipad_2_user_guide.pdf

Per Scifan above, the app is now called Music.

OP
angel4avon

angel4avon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have that app loaded and some songs play. I am not seeing any pattern. some play, some dont. Seems like it worked ok before the os 6 update. Is there any way to uninstall the app and reinstall? I have looked everywhere.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
angel4avon said:
I have that app loaded and some songs play. I am not seeing any pattern. some play, some dont. Seems like it worked ok before the os 6 update. Is there any way to uninstall the app and reinstall? I have looked everywhere.

The music app is a native app and cannot be uninstalled. Have you tried deleting the songs that don't play, then reinstall them?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score

Hi Angel4avon - welcome to the forum! :)

Before doing 'anything' drastic, the steps below are the ones I usually use initially when an app(s) is misbehaving - let us know if these maneuvers help or post back here for further advice - good luck!

When an app (or several) or misbehaving, I usually go through the following steps:

1. Force Close - open the multi-tasking bar (double tap the 'home buttom' or use multi-gesturing and swipe up); press & hold an app until all begin to 'jiggle'; find the offending app(s) and press the 'red circle w/ minus sign' - return to the home screen & try again.

2. Restart - press & hold the 'Sleep/Awake' (a.k.a. power) button until a red slider appears (may take a few seconds) - move the slider to turn off the iPad; then press & hold the same button until the Apple logo appears - wait for a restart.

3. Reset - press & hold the 'Power' and 'Home' buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears - this may take a longer time, so have patience; the iPad will 're-boot' - NOTE that none of these maneuvers will alter your apps, files, or settings.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
angel4avon said:

The Music app itself is part of the iOS itself. I cannot be uninstalled or reinstalled separately. Try All of Giradman's tips first.
Are the "purchased" apps bought from the iTunes Store?

OP
angel4avon

angel4avon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dhewson777 said:
The Music app itself is part of the iOS itself. I cannot be uninstalled or reinstalled separately. Try All of Giradman's tips first.
Are the "purchased" apps bought from the iTunes Store?

It did not work. Yes, all music was purchased from iTunes Store. I just installed iTunes on my net book and it said I was authorized on 2 computers. I also have it on my desktop computer. Could it be that this ipad is not authorized for my account?

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
angel4avon said:
It did not work. Yes, all music was purchased from iTunes Store. I just installed iTunes on my net book and it said I was authorized on 2 computers. I also have it on my desktop computer. Could it be that this ipad is not authorized for my account?

If you're using the same AppleID for purchasing the music, it should be fine I would think. Does your music (or your iPad itself) get backed up to your PC ever?

Might pay to back it up, and then restore your iPad from the back up after doing an Erase All Content and Settings from the Settings -> General menu.

Most reactions