What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iTunes problem

anonbeep

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Weymouth Dorset England where the Sailing Olympics
gullibility in a word! but then i'm in my mid Sixties, grew up in a time of having and expecting other people to have like scruples, unlike now where it seems it is a forgotten charm. People ask why give out passwords, well confronted with a gaggle of kids asking to download free apps, it becomes very difficult to keep being interrupted while trying to do housework, run a business etc. Even for a free app it is the same password as for a bought app or in game content, to me that is far more stupid, yet so easy to remedy. In the UK Trading Standards are looking to stamp down on these purchases, taking the tack if not proved authorised by the card owner, child purchases are not deemed binding. Not sure how they will enforce this, but might mean the Software houses will have to change their ways, to me that is simple to achieve, a good example is PayPal payments can be authorised by a text code to your phone, but requiring your code. I understand people saying 'would you give your credit card to a child?' but i ask would you be happy or feel justified to to accept a small, let alone such a large payment from a child simply for game content?

Interesting thread this, not least of all because when it started I was posting @ that one needs to b careful and then I was caught with 'FREE' app which I dwnld and was charged for.

I do give iTunes credit tho. Problem sorted and I have had my money back already.

However l do still have a minor problem, which no doubt the forum will kno how to sort.
Please have a look at the pic. iTunes told me to go to that page and edit. I have been playing with this for hours now and I just cannot get this page, no matter where I go or what I do, I just cannot find it. Obviously I want and need to tighten up my security (and of course my skills), but when I go thro the pages they just do not come up as shown. Now I have the latest iPad as I am told with the latest updates so maybe I will not get that page, maybe it has all been changed,trouble is I cannot see anything like. Beeps

Attachments

• image-1497385373.jpg
    image-1497385373.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 325
OP
A

anonbeep

iPF Noob
Reaction score
gullibility in a word! but then i'm in my mid Sixties, grew up in a time of having and expecting other people to have like scruples, unlike now where it seems it is a forgotten charm. People ask why give out passwords, well confronted with a gaggle of kids asking to download free apps, it becomes very difficult to keep being interrupted while trying to do housework, run a business etc. Even for a free app it is the same password as for a bought app or in game content, to me that is far more stupid, yet so easy to remedy. In the UK Trading Standards are looking to stamp down on these purchases, taking the tack if not proved authorised by the card owner, child purchases are not deemed binding. Not sure how they will enforce this, but might mean the Software houses will have to change their ways, to me that is simple to achieve, a good example is PayPal payments can be authorised by a text code to your phone, but requiring your code. I understand people saying 'would you give your credit card to a child?' but i ask would you be happy or feel justified to to accept a small, let alone such a large payment from a child simply for game content?

image-1462489264.jpg

OP
A

anonbeep

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You have to access that page in iTunes on your computer.

But I don't have a computer. I checked out what u say and I can't find any info that instructs that (not saying u r wrong btw). iTunes hav asked me for a screen shot and now I am confused because, how can I send a screen shot of something I don't have? Considering what u say, since I don't hav a PC then I will never be able to set my iPad properly secure as I would like. All I kno is iTunes told me to go into my account and up that page, so I assume they expect it to be able thro an iPad. ???confused.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
But I don't have a computer. I checked out what u say and I can't find any info that instructs that (not saying u r wrong btw). iTunes hav asked me for a screen shot and now I am confused because, how can I send a screen shot of something I don't have? Considering what u say, since I don't hav a PC then I will never be able to set my iPad properly secure as I would like. All I kno is iTunes told me to go into my account and up that page, so I assume they expect it to be able thro an iPad. ???confused.
Some things can't be done with an iPad. Your screenshot definitely shows instructions that have to be done on a computer, with iTunes installed. There's no way to do so on your iDevice.

Most people have a computer, that's why you were told to send a screenshot to show them what you did, that's what I suppose. You will have to tell Apple Support (I guess you contacted them) that you don't use a computer, perhaps they'll find another way to set your iPad as secure as possible, using just your iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts