What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iTunes play widget on Lock screen?

Padcatt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Past couple of days, I see a play widget on my lock screen, as though the iPad believes that I wanted music to play some music (Lenny Kravitz). I didn’t/don’t. I see no setting which governs this. While I like Lenny Kravitz, I haven’t had a deslire to play any of those tunes lately..

Any thoughts on where I should look to switch this feature off? Thank you!

OP
P

Padcatt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
(iPad) well, I just restarted it and see no itunes play widget but..I don’t see the causal connection.

Is it just one of those iPad things?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Most likely the widget was stuck due to a glitch or bug. Music tries to guess whether you would want the widget to stay on the Notification/Lock screen, but it rarely stays there more than a few minutes after you’ve stopped playing any songs.

Restarting clears all active and inactive apps from memory, forcing all apps to reload when launched, free of any glitches or bugs that may have occurred.

Clearing the Music app from memory by going to the multitask screen and swiping up on it would have probably accomplished the same thing.

Most reactions

Latest posts