What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Itunes only shows 'iPad' and doesn't synchronize

lialiapy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, I have a problem with my iPad 3.

On itunes, when I connect it, it does recognize it, but it shows 'iPad' and nothing else but 'eject'.
It's the same since I bought it : for activation I had the same prolem so I activated with wifi only.
I precise that I alreadu have an iPhone 3g snchronized with itunes, he works just fine.
There is a screen, if you can help me it wold be great I've searched on the internet and I didn't found a thread or an explication anywere.

*I already downloaded iTunes 11 thinking it would solve the problem but it didn't so I downgraded to 11.7, wich is still a good version to synchronise with the newest apple iDevices according to their website . On my iPhone I have iOs 4.1, and on me iPad I have 6.0.1 ( when I bought it it was iOs 5, still had the problem )
If please you can help me somhow because I really want music on my iPad and the other iTunes features. Thank you .

Sans-titre.jpg

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you tried a different USB port? Different cable? If you are using a USB hub, don't. Thats about all I can think of.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Can't really think of a reason the computer would detect the iPad, but not go any further. Have you authorized the computer? It's a long shot, but it may work. You'll find it under the Store menu.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The fact that your screenshot shows only "iPad", rather than your named iPad makes me think that this is the problem. You should authorize with your AppleID.

OP
L

lialiapy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanky you very much !!
I already was connected with my apple account, and authorized as well. I disconnected, and then reconnected on iTunes , then it asks me to synchronize .
You've been very helpful, thank you !

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, I'm pleased you solved the problem, but I have to admit I'm scratching my head now. I don't understand how any of my suggestions worked.

Are you saying that you disconnected and reconnected your iPad with iTunes already running? If so, that could be useful for other members in future who have a similar problem.

Anyway, it's good that things are now working as they should.

OP
L

lialiapy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I actually disconnected and reconnected from my apple account, on iTunes, on my computer . the iPad was plugged in during all of this operation . After reconnecting, I closed and relaunched iTunes and then it asked me to synchronize with the iPad.
I guess Apple or iTunes wasn't sure or so of my account on iTunes, since I didn't went on the iTunes Store since I've installed it.

Most reactions