1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

iTunes on Windows PC

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Peterjv, Sep 28, 2013.

1. Peterjv

Peterjv iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've had my iPad 3 for about a year now and have managed with Dropbox for file transfers but for music & movies iTunes seems necessary. I've read some past comments on the net that iTunes on a Windows pc (I'm on Windows 7) can create problems. Any views, suggestions or reassurance here would be appreciated.
  2. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,746 / 0
    We'll, I've been using iTunes with an iPad on a Windows machine (XP and now Windows 7) since August 2010. I've never had an issue.

Of course, it may be that I only use iTunes to sync stuff after (1) I "transfer purchases" from the iPad so iTunes matches the iPad and (2) I do a backup. Then, I sync over songs, videos, books, etc. really, no problems with it.

Granted, I usually only use iTunes to do backups and upgrades when necessary, but I'm not unhappy with iTunes. Of course and as always - YMMV.

Marilyn
  3. Rickyi

Rickyi iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Have been using itunes on windows a few years now and haven't had any issue where that is concerned it does backup and upgrades fine for me