1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

iTunes Library on server

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by epb, Jan 25, 2011.

1. epb

epb iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    My computer's hard drive is full, mostly due to ~250GB of data in my iTunes library. Rather than upgrade my drive, I want to add a 2TB drive via network and store the library there. I've seen Apple's instruction for moving the library to an external drive, but I can't find anything that says iTunes will work with a network drive. Has anyone done this?
  2. kg81

kg81 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have an Time Capsule 2TB, which holds my iTunes library and media.

On my Mac Book Pro, PC's, etc I point itunes to the library location to the location on the Time Capsule.

I works brilliantly, no clogging up the individual hard drives on laptops etc as its centrally located on external network drive.

my next job is to find a server option, where I will be able to access the itunes data on iPhone / iPad using home sharing but without having a Mac / PC running iTunes switched on!!