What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iTunes Library on server

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My computer's hard drive is full, mostly due to ~250GB of data in my iTunes library. Rather than upgrade my drive, I want to add a 2TB drive via network and store the library there. I've seen Apple's instruction for moving the library to an external drive, but I can't find anything that says iTunes will work with a network drive. Has anyone done this?

kg81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an Time Capsule 2TB, which holds my iTunes library and media.

On my Mac Book Pro, PC's, etc I point itunes to the library location to the location on the Time Capsule.

I works brilliantly, no clogging up the individual hard drives on laptops etc as its centrally located on external network drive.

my next job is to find a server option, where I will be able to access the itunes data on iPhone / iPad using home sharing but without having a Mac / PC running iTunes switched on!!

Most reactions