What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iTunes. Is it really so bad?

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
55julie55 said:
I avoid iTunes as much as I can.
Cannot use without grief.
So my music is in diss array .
It's not user friendly
My iPad is my right arm.
It's sync only when I really have to

I feel the same way, i use the ipad so much more for its user friendiless, yet the itunes i find it very stubborn, and only use it when and if i have to 

Sent from my iPad using iPF, using iOS 4.3.2

RAC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Actually, it's not just iTunes that suffers from an iPod/iPhone legacy but iOS itself. I think that iOS inflicts lots of limitations on the iPad that originate from its smaller cousins.

The iPod gave us iTunes and unidentifiable files names (in the name of DRM?). Other "MP3" players just use a standard file system with songs organised into folders, much simpler.

The iPod Touch and iPhone gave us chunky icons. a simple (simplistic?) "desktop" and apps designed for a smaller screen.

I am not sure that any of these compromises are appropriate for a tablet. As someone said, the most obvious manifestation of this are the "HD" versions of iPhone apps for the iPad. They often do little to make serious use of the larger screen size, they just fill it up.

Forget "it's not supposed to be a computer, I think that this is the real reason for some of the iPad's limitations.

pedvr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now that we can purchase from iTunes in South Africa I am really happy. Only thing is I cannot search iTunes on my iPad or iPhone, there is no Search window on the right hand side. So I have to use my Laptop to search. Any idea why this should be?
Penny

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The search on the ipad is at the top right hand corner and on the iPhone at the top when you click on "search" at the bottom!

I have never had a problem with iTunes anywhere except that it still does not show my devices wirelessly since ios6 . Otherwise, I find it very usable.

pedvr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Michali. Got it on my iPhone but nt the iPad. That's my point. I have friends who buy from the American iTunes Store and they have shown me where the search is meant to be but it is not there. All that is in the right hand corner is the History, represented by a button with three horizontal lines

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's strange, I just checked my iTunes in my iPad and there is a search button in top

I have to say, using iTunes in my MacBook is so much easier and better, on my windows laptop it is a lot more painful. On windoze laptop I used iTunes only when I needed too, the Internet connection would fail and it was just awfully slow

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
image-2713909940.jpg

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now that we can purchase from iTunes in South Africa I am really happy. Only thing is I cannot search iTunes on my iPad or iPhone, there is no Search window on the right hand side. So I have to use my Laptop to search. Any idea why this should be?
Penny

Maybe the search function hasn't been added yet? When Amazon launched its video player app on iPad, it initially lacked the search function, which was added later (seems like about two or three weeks later, if I remember correctly).

Most reactions

Latest posts