What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Itunes id/password mix-up on my ipad

kentale

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Help! When I sync'd my iPad with my PC I ended up with my daughter's iTunes account info on my iPad. How can I get my iTunes account info bad as the default?? Thx!!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Scroll to the bottom of the iTunes app in almost any tab (Featured works well) and you will see your daughter's Apple ID in a button. Tap on the button and sign out. Tap on it again and choose to sign in with your own account. You'll probably need to repeat t his with both the App Store and iBook Store.

The iPad is meant to sync with one computer and iTunes library. Moving form computer to computer causes problems, and is best avoided. The best way to maintain iPads with different iTunes accounts while using the same computer (if that is your only choice) is to have two separate user log in's on that computer. iTunes will maintain a separate library for each computer user.

You'll have to go through the usual rigamarole to sync the iPad with the new iTunes library, and you'll have to authorize that account with iTunes using the Store menu in iTunes. Don't forget to deauthorize any old computers as well.

If you don't know how to do these various thing use the custom Google Search to look for the threads. There've been many. If that still does not work, just say so and I'll see what I can do to point you the right way.

Welcome to the forum.

Most reactions

Latest posts