What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Itunes homesharing

Tazzmann

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all, I have iTunes homesharing turned on and my ipad will connect and show the library names, but no music. I have tried rebooting the ipad and the computer, rebooting the router, making sure all the appropriate sharing is on. Still a no go. Any ideas?

K1W1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you see the library name on the ipad do you touch it so that there is a tock beside it and the iPad loads the library info?

OP
T

Tazzmann

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do put the check in next to the library and then it switches to playlist, but it is empty as is the songs, albums, etc. I also went back and made sure the check was still next to the library name, which it was, but still nothing shows up. It is like it connects to the library, but then stops.

mikepaterson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Managed to get it fixed on my ipad.

Hi,
I just had the same problem where I could see the shared library in my ipad, but everything was blank.

After an hour or more with Apple Support it was fixed by connecting ipad to itunes via cable. In summary uncheck sync over wifi. Apply the change and then sync.

Virtually immediately the shared library items appeared in the ipad library.

It seems to be a problem with sync over wifi and home sharing being mutually exclusive.
Great well tested software this apple stuff isn't it .....

Hope it helps you
Mike

Most reactions