What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iTunes Help

mindyjol

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have synced my iPad with my Mac, and I have an extensive iTunes library. but when I click on the iTunes button on the iPad, I just get the iTunes store. How do I get my iTunes playlist on the iPad (or can I?)

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You have to perform a Sync from the MAC iTune.
Remember From Apples point of view, all your data ( Books, song, Videos etc') is on the MAC. The iPAD is just a temporary storage for it.
The way to move data into that storage is by performing a Sync operation on the MAC. Not the iPAD.

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Your playlist will be on the iPod part of the iPad. The blue circle with the right facing arrow in the task bar is the iPod or music player. Your playlist, if you have synced with your PC/Mac iTunes, will be in the left hand column.

jrenwick22

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you are signed in to the store, when you launch itunes you will get the store page. To get your music library you have to open settings, click on store (on the left), and then sign out. Then when you launch itunes you'll get your library.

Also, when I got my ipad I found that synching the music library was not enabled out of the box --- I had to select that manually.

Have fun.

--jrenwick22

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
use this app to play your music on the ipad...(as Pocobear has explained, I just like using the new attachment button on the forum app!)

Attachments

• image-1961452345.jpg
    image-1961452345.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 239

Most reactions

Latest posts