What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ITunes Headache.

The Alternative

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
thealternativeone.blogspot.com
Kaykaykay said:
It's unstable on Windows. Maybe Apple should hire your niece to fix it.

While she's helping them out, she should also fix the app store so that you can look at apps without having to sort through an endless list and often start over.

I've never found it unstable since I moved to W7. But, I do agree about the app store. Shame she really has no interest in tech stuff now she's 19. It'd seriously be my dream job though, to work for Apple. I have tons of ideas for them.

I agree. Windows 7 is by far the most compatible Microsoft OS to use with iTunes.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
It's unstable on Windows. Maybe Apple should hire your niece to fix it.

While she's helping them out, she should also fix the app store so that you can look at apps without having to sort through an endless list and often start over.

I've never found it unstable since I moved to W7. But, I do agree about the app store. Shame she really has no interest in tech stuff now she's 19. It'd seriously be my dream job though, to work for Apple. I have tons of ideas for them.

I agree. Windows 7 is by far the most compatible Microsoft OS to use with iTunes.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I think using iTunes should not require everyone to upgrade to Windows 7 for stability.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It shouldn't but you know how technology goes.

The new whatever comes out, and the previous version is dumped and obsolete.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It shouldn't but you know how technology goes.

The new whatever comes out, and the previous version is dumped and obsolete.

That doesn't make sense, because iTunes was unstable even before there was W7, and XP or whatever OS wasn't "obsolete" then.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
That doesn't make sense, because iTunes was unstable even before there was W7, and XP or whatever OS wasn't "obsolete" then.

It was. My point was that technology goes obsolete very fast.

Apple probably stopped developing iTunes for xp since 7 is the "current" OS.

Last edited:

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:

It was. My point was that technology goes obsolete very fast.

Apple probably stopped developing iTunes for xp since 7 is the "current" OS.

If Apple builds a service like iCloud, will you think it's OK if it's unstable till the next version of Windows? Meanwhile, will you be content with the idea that tech develops fast? That's your point? Lol.

In the tech industry, backward comptability for at least a generation back is widely accepted as a necessity, especially if you sell or deliver content. There is no excuse for iTunes' instability.

tesswan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a Macbook Pro, completely updated, with itunes on 10.3.1 and ipad 2 on 4.3.3. i have been having issues ever since i upgraded to 4.3.2, and itunes crashes everytime i try to sync my ipad 2 on the three different computers i tried (two different macbooks and a win 7 pc). Somehow I was able to update my software to 4.3.3 on the win 7 pc, but even with that update I am having the same issues, and now even the win 7 pc is crashing when i plug in my ipad. If anyone has a solution to this, that would be very helpful. Apple keeps "updating" itunes to fix this exact problem, and so far it has not helped at all for me. I just hope that when iOS 5 comes out, I'll be able to sync it long enough to download it, that way I will never have to sync to itunes again.

ashley69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tesswan said:
I have a Macbook Pro, completely updated, with itunes on 10.3.1 and ipad 2 on 4.3.3. i have been having issues ever since i upgraded to 4.3.2, and itunes crashes everytime i try to sync my ipad 2 on the three different computers i tried (two different macbooks and a win 7 pc). Somehow I was able to update my software to 4.3.3 on the win 7 pc, but even with that update I am having the same issues, and now even the win 7 pc is crashing when i plug in my ipad. If anyone has a solution to this, that would be very helpful. Apple keeps "updating" itunes to fix this exact problem, and so far it has not helped at all for me. I just hope that when iOS 5 comes out, I'll be able to sync it long enough to download it, that way I will never have to sync to itunes again.

Could be a dodgy cable. I had the same problem but a change of cable sorted it.

Mattttttthew

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Get the latest iOS 5 beta version and upgrade it. If you want to backup and restore your data, you also need iTunes 10.5 for your Mac.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Upgrading to a beta version of software is rarely a good way to solve problems, unless it's Apple's problems you intend to help solve. It's only a couple more months, have patience.

Most reactions

Latest posts