What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ITunes Headache.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There are three secrets to getting along with iTunes.

1) Add all third party media to iTunes first.

2) Transfer Purchases and Sync often, at least once a week, more often if you change things a lot.

3) Most important: Run iTunes on an reasonably current Mac (intel) no more than one major OS X update behind. For some reason Apple just can't seem to get iTunes as stable as it should be on Windows.

:D doing the secret cult dance :D

4) Don't forget to do your backups on the computer.

5) Note to self: Learn to count.

Last edited:

Beerman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I decided to try DiskAid and it does work like is says it will. It has a simple interface and is straight forward. Time will tell how much I like it compared to iTunes.
The second time I synced I got a message from iTunes that Bonjour Services had been disabled. I'm not sure if it's related but it appears to be and might be needed for DiskAid to work since you have to have iTunes installed and it automatically starts iTunes.
It would be nice if it were able to show thumbnails of the photos and there are a few other things I'd like to see but it is an option for those who want to try something else.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I fail to understand how people can not grasp iTunes. My niece knew her way around it with no problems at age 8.

It's unstable on Windows. Maybe Apple should hire your niece to fix it.

While she's helping them out, she should also fix the app store so that you can look at apps without having to sort through an endless list and often start over.

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can buy tuneaid and picsaid for $20 dollars (£12?) each, they look pretty good.

Tuneaid let's you copy music from the iPod/iPad in case your pc crashes and you lose everything

Picsaid let's you look at and copy pictures From iPod/iPad

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
It's unstable on Windows. Maybe Apple should hire your niece to fix it.

While she's helping them out, she should also fix the app store so that you can look at apps without having to sort through an endless list and often start over.

I've never found it unstable since I moved to W7. But, I do agree about the app store. Shame she really has no interest in tech stuff now she's 19. It'd seriously be my dream job though, to work for Apple. I have tons of ideas for them.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MoonlitSonata said:
I've never found it unstable since I moved to W7. But, I do agree about the app store. Shame she really has no interest in tech stuff now she's 19. It'd seriously be my dream job though, to work for Apple. I have tons of ideas for them.

Me too! It is still slow on win xp but on 7 it just sucks.

Beryl

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Although Carbonite enabled me to nicely recover from a hard drive failure, I called Apple to find out why some videos were on my iPad but not in iTunes. Apple explained that videos are not included in backups and it is the owners responsibility to back them up after downloading from the workstation. If you purchase/download on the device or on another workstation, you are SOL if you need to recover it as it cannot be transferred to the workstation using iTunes like you can apps.

iTransfer saved me from losing those videos. iTransfer does require iTunes to be brought up though.

I think iTunes backups should be 100%, don't you?

Most reactions

Latest posts