ITunes Headache.

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by NLAlston, Jun 21, 2011.

1. NLAlston

NLAlston
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I wonder if anyone else, here, has been experiencing a 'Beat Down' with ITunes?

It is really giving me a fit, and (as much as I like my IPad) I have been growing of the feeling that I should have gotten a tablet from a different manufacturer. Being forced to integrate my IPad with Itunes has resulted in major issues for me. I can import NOTHING into my IPad, and the program is almost always in a 'non responding' state.

It has never been anywhere near a consistent performer, for me, but now it is even worse. I am really at my wits end, with ITunes.

2. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    I entirely sympathise with you. I connected my iPad to my PC Day 1 - I had no other choice - and have never connected it since. iTunes is a monstrosity and I avoid it completely. We have so many posts on iPF with iTunes problems - I'd say it's the most frequent cause of trouble - that I decided (before I purchased my iPad) that I'd keep the two as far apart as possible.

It seems to me that you need to be some sort of special genius - like twerppoet - to be able to fathom out iTunes. I clearly am not in that league. :(

Tim

3. Beryl

Beryl
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I loathe iTunes and the current architecture which relies on it. I hear that we will be free of it as soon as the new version of the OS is released.

4. Kaykaykay

Kaykaykay
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    iTunes has a few good points, but mostly it sucks, IMO. The app store is crazy, too. I don't understand why Apple can have high standards in some areas and apparently not give a rat's butt about the crappy iTunes and apps store experiences. To me, it's like getting dressed up and leaving your fly open.

5. NLAlston

NLAlston
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Is this to mean that we would be able to utilize other programs (such as Media Monkey, etc.) by which to import our media files onto our units? Man, I HOPE so.

6. NLAlston

NLAlston
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Tim, if you have found a way to import your interests into your IPad - without integrating with ITunes - please share how you are managing that. I have movies that I wish to put on my IPad for our children, and (as a photographer) I am aiming at using my IPad as a presentational tool.

7. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    I import movies either

(a) if I purchase them, using the iPad's iTunes Store (i.e. not the PC iTunes program) and import them directly using WiFi
    (b) I transfer them wirelessly from my PC to my iPad if they're home movies using GoodReader
    (c) I import them directly from my camera using the optional camera connection kit
    (d) For short movies or a few photographs, I email them to myself.
    (e) I use the Apple MobileMe cloud storage facility iDisk. I upload the movies to iDisk from my PC and then download them directly from iDisk to my iPad.

Tim

8. donka

donka
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Also consider the vast choice of media players that let you load up movies over Wifi from shares, NAS boxes etc. I do this for all my movie content now.

9. Beerman

Beerman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    It may be spam but I keep getting emails about Ipad Max that says it can do most of what iTunes does.
    I also get lots of mail for Copy Trans Manager which I actually looked up on the web and they look like real. Give them a look and see what you think.
    Transfer iPod to iTunes, copy iPod to PC and iPod to computer

10. TiaMargia

TiaMargia
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I can certainly recommend Copytrans as it helped me out when I had a BIG problem with iTunes. (See my iTunes thread).
    iTunes is awful :( imho.
    I can't understand why Apple haven't taken onboard the many complaints people have with it and redeveloped a much better programme which is much more user friendly.
    I try to avoid using iTunes as much as I can nowadays.