What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ITunes Headache.

NLAlston

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I wonder if anyone else, here, has been experiencing a 'Beat Down' with ITunes?

It is really giving me a fit, and (as much as I like my IPad) I have been growing of the feeling that I should have gotten a tablet from a different manufacturer. Being forced to integrate my IPad with Itunes has resulted in major issues for me. I can import NOTHING into my IPad, and the program is almost always in a 'non responding' state.

It has never been anywhere near a consistent performer, for me, but now it is even worse. I am really at my wits end, with ITunes.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score

It is really giving me a fit, and (as much as I like my IPad) I have been growing of the feeling that I should have gotten a tablet from a different manufacturer. Being forced to integrate my IPad with Itunes has resulted in major issues for me. I can import NOTHING into my IPad, and the program is almost always in a 'non responding' state.

It has never been anywhere near a consistent performer, for me, but now it is even worse. I am really at my wits end, with ITunes.

I entirely sympathise with you. I connected my iPad to my PC Day 1 - I had no other choice - and have never connected it since. iTunes is a monstrosity and I avoid it completely. We have so many posts on iPF with iTunes problems - I'd say it's the most frequent cause of trouble - that I decided (before I purchased my iPad) that I'd keep the two as far apart as possible.

It seems to me that you need to be some sort of special genius - like twerppoet - to be able to fathom out iTunes. I clearly am not in that league. :(

Tim

Beryl

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I loathe iTunes and the current architecture which relies on it. I hear that we will be free of it as soon as the new version of the OS is released.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iTunes has a few good points, but mostly it sucks, IMO. The app store is crazy, too. I don't understand why Apple can have high standards in some areas and apparently not give a rat's butt about the crappy iTunes and apps store experiences. To me, it's like getting dressed up and leaving your fly open.

OP
N

NLAlston

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I loathe iTunes and the current architecture which relies on it. I hear that we will be free of it as soon as the new version of the OS is released.

Is this to mean that we would be able to utilize other programs (such as Media Monkey, etc.) by which to import our media files onto our units? Man, I HOPE so.

OP
N

NLAlston

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I entirely sympathise with you. I connected my iPad to my PC Day 1 - I had no other choice - and have never connected it since.

Tim

Tim, if you have found a way to import your interests into your IPad - without integrating with ITunes - please share how you are managing that. I have movies that I wish to put on my IPad for our children, and (as a photographer) I am aiming at using my IPad as a presentational tool.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I entirely sympathise with you. I connected my iPad to my PC Day 1 - I had no other choice - and have never connected it since.

Tim

Tim, if you have found a way to import your interests into your IPad - without integrating with ITunes - please share how you are managing that. I have movies that I wish to put on my IPad for our children, and (as a photographer) I am aiming at using my IPad as a presentational tool.

I import movies either

(a) if I purchase them, using the iPad's iTunes Store (i.e. not the PC iTunes program) and import them directly using WiFi
(b) I transfer them wirelessly from my PC to my iPad if they're home movies using GoodReader
(c) I import them directly from my camera using the optional camera connection kit
(d) For short movies or a few photographs, I email them to myself.
(e) I use the Apple MobileMe cloud storage facility iDisk. I upload the movies to iDisk from my PC and then download them directly from iDisk to my iPad.

Tim

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Also consider the vast choice of media players that let you load up movies over Wifi from shares, NAS boxes etc. I do this for all my movie content now.

TiaMargia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can certainly recommend Copytrans as it helped me out when I had a BIG problem with iTunes. (See my iTunes thread).
iTunes is awful :( imho.
I can't understand why Apple haven't taken onboard the many complaints people have with it and redeveloped a much better programme which is much more user friendly.
I try to avoid using iTunes as much as I can nowadays.

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Tim

Google diskaid....very handy...

The Alternative

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
thealternativeone.blogspot.com

It seems that this thread has been highjacked by a few iTunes haters. (Not that it isn't justifiable at times*, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the OP was looking for a little guidance which hasn't really happened.) To the OP - What exactly is happening in iTunes that's causing the problem? Perhaps additional details might be helpful to some of the iTunes gurus here at IPF. Are you getting error messages when you synch? In what way is it "non-responsive"? Does the iPad lock up or iTunes? Do you have the most current version of iTunes running (10.3.1)? Current version of the OS (4.3.3)? I could go on but I think you see that the more detailed information provided the better chance of finding a possible solution to your issue.

* I have, on rare occasions, a back-up problem that freezes iTunes during the synch process but I've found a fix that does not involve deleting, restoring, or uninstalling anything.

jmbarker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Interesting thread. I have not had any issues with iTunes or with syncing my iPad, iPod or iPhone to it. I have an iMac so maybe the integration is better because Windoze is not involved, or I am just fortunate. Works for me.

The Alternative

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
thealternativeone.blogspot.com
Interesting thread. I have not had any issues with iTunes or with syncing my iPad, iPod or iPhone to it. I have an iMac so maybe the integration is better because Windoze is not involved, or I am just fortunate. Works for me.

I've been using iTunes for years with very few problems and I've had Windows based OS on all my computers. I really think the problems are related to configurations, how much software people have loaded on their PC's, available memory, virus protection tweaks, and a general lack of understanding of how the program works.

Most reactions

Latest posts