What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iTunes Gift Certificates via iPad > Not !?!

Goofy1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey everyone...

So I was on a road trip. iPad2 working great. Grabbing onto hotel WiFi, no issues.

My nephew just got accepted to the University of Utah and his birthday is coming up. Both big deals because he was a kid in much trouble the last few years. Enough said.

Anyway, I wanted to send my nephew an iTunes Gift Certificate. Note gift certificate... delivered via eMail, not a gift card. I could not get this done on my iPad, no matter what I used, iTunes, Safari, Atomic... what am I missing ??!

Had to wait till I got home and on PC launched iTunes, took me less than 5 minutes.

OP
G

Goofy1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All I get at that link is "do I want to install iTunes" and of course my iPad has iTunes...

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
Goofy1 said:
All I get at that link is "do I want to install iTunes" and of course my iPad has iTunes...

you going to that link on a iPad or pc/mac?

I'm loading it from an iPad

don't tell me my iPad 2 is going bonkers :(

Reaction score
When following that link, below the huge picture, on the right side is a column called iTunes Store, below is a list of links one of them is Gift Cards&Certificates. But when selecting it, does it open iTunes and shows some not so useful code.

It looks, as if the limited iTunes app does not allow one to buy gift certificates.

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
On the right side is a column called iTunes Store, below is a list of links one of them is Gift Cards&Certificates. But when selecting it, does it open iTunes and shows some not so useful code.

It looks, as if the limited iTunes app does not allow one to buy gift certificates.

thank goodness, thought I was going mad and iPad starting the journey to electronic heaven lol

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Redeeming iTunes Gift Certificate?

A related question - I know that a new thread might be more appropriate but this is such an active forum, I'm sure many will view who can answer my rather simple question?

My son sent me a $50 iTunes Gift Certificate (bought at one of those drugstores) for my birthday (and about the same time I ordered my new iPad2) - I had no problem going into my iTunes account and registering for that amount.

Now I've bought a half dozen apps/games since then but whenever I go to iTunes the $50 seems to be showing up at the top! Is my certificate being redeemed or do I need to do an extra step or two? Thanks for any help - :)

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
giradman said:
A related question - I know that a new thread might be more appropriate but this is such an active forum, I'm sure many will view who can answer my rather simple question?

My son sent me a $50 iTunes Gift Certificate (bought at one of those drugstores) for my birthday (and about the same time I ordered my new iPad2) - I had no problem going into my iTunes account and registering for that amount.

Now I've bought a half dozen apps/games since then but whenever I go to iTunes the $50 seems to be showing up at the top! Is my certificate being redeemed or do I need to do an extra step or two? Thanks for any help - :)

Yes, it will show up on purchases in the store sometimes takes iTunes a few hours/day to get back with receipt but as long as you keep an eye on what you are spending it should show up. I'm assuming of course you that you logged in the password for the voucher but it sounds like you have?

from Somerset UK on my iPad using IPF app

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It looks like a bug in the link from the iTunes page when you go to the iTunes page scroll down and hit gift certificates and you then get HTML code. Needs to be reported to Apple webmasteras it is a incorrect.

OP
G

Goofy1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
giradman said:

Ok so wondering.... There's a big difference between a gift card and a gift certificate. Gift card is physical and gift certificate is virtual. Which did you mean?

OP
G

Goofy1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
col.bris said:
It looks like a bug in the link from the iTunes page when you go to the iTunes page scroll down and hit gift certificates and you then get HTML code. Needs to be reported to Apple webmasteras it is a incorrect.

Thanks I thought I was losing my mind.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ok so wondering.... There's a big difference between a gift card and a gift certificate. Gift card is physical and gift certificate is virtual. Which did you mean?

Well, as stated before it was purchased at a drugstore and is a physical card; it was entered into my iTunes account and accepted w/ $50 credit showing - since then I purchased a number of apps and was not clear if the charge was being deducted from this credit.

So, I went to my iTunes account and now $40+ credit (see attachment) is now present, so I'm assuming Apple is taking the money from this gift card - but I'll have my wife double-check our credit card record.

Thanks for the input - :)

Attachments

• iTunes.jpg
    iTunes.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 261

Most reactions

Latest posts