What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iTunes Error 7

MikeV99

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When iTunes updated it said that an error which prevented the update. However, everything seems to running correctly -including updating the iPad to 4.3. I really do not want to have to do an uninstall/reinstall if I do not need to. Advice?

About the only change I see in iTunes is that I can no longer see the iPad using Windows Explorer, but that could be a change included in the update?

Thanks

Reaction score
Got an Error 11 during install, so you are not alone with update woes. But if everything is working fine, there isn't much to worry about.

The iPad should be visible under Windows Explorer though. This is just a guess, but my iPad is listed as a Digital Camera, so perhaps if the iPad does not have any saved pictures, the iPad simply blocks the Windows access.

But if this problem persists and a reboot of the iPad doesn't help, it might be advisable to reinstall the iPad firmware.

OP
M

MikeV99

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thank you very much. I had photos but no shared photos. I edited one and saved it and now Windows Explorer can see it. Why does it not see the other photos that are not saved (in the Photo Library) but that are visible in the Photos app?

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I updated to 4.2.1 I got error also and then it made me restore and do it again, so I think i will hold off on the new update lol

Most reactions

Latest posts