What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iTunes error -1 during iPad4 restoration

esdras007

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dears,

I'm facing an issue when trying to restore my iPad. My iPad is deactivated and Apple support is not able to restore it, they want me to by a new one but I'm not agree with this, then I want to restore mine.

Please, could you help me to fix this issue ?

Please, help !!!!

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Error 1 points to hardware issues.

Here are Apple's instructions:

Your device or computer might have a hardware issue that stops the update or restore from completing.

1. Check that your security software and settings aren't blocking your device from communicating with the Apple update server.
  2. Then try to restore your iOS device two more times while connected with a cable, computer, and network you know are good.
  3. Make sure that your security software and settings are allowing communication between your device and update servers.
  4. If you still see the error message when you update or restore, contact Apple support.
If you still see the error message, check for outdated or modified software.

Most reactions

Latest posts