What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ITunes double billed me!

Roger1122

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One song of six I transferred from iPhone to computer was note properly transferred but when I tried to download It again I was asked to pay again. I checked here and was told it worked like app purchases; they don't actually bill you. But today got billed again!

What should I do? Or is there nothing?

Roger1122

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Telephone the toll-free Apple Support line with your iTunes transaction reference number. Explain the situation and you'll be re-imbursed as a credit to your iTunes account.

Not sure why this happened because you can indeed download music onto multiple iDevices if they're registered under the same iTunes account.

Tim

OP
Roger1122

Roger1122

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you Tim, but as I am deaf enough to make telephone conversation a trial for both parties and the pre-recorded "guidance" impossible to follow, isn't there something else I can do? I am glad to know a credit is possible!

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I emailed them, telling them what happened and they credited my card.

Sent from my one and only original iPad using iPF

OP
Roger1122

Roger1122

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
I emailed them, telling them what happened and they credited my card.

Thank you, Hayles. Which Email address did you use?

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just went onto the apple support website page and you log in with the email you log into iTunes with and tell them the receipt no and the info you need to have credited and they will email you by computer fairly quickly and then an apple employee will get back to you with the message that they will refund the money to your card or whatever you have set up with them. Easy as that!

Sorry I didn't get back quicker, I had to go get my daughter and it took longer than I thought.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One song of six I transferred from iPhone to computer was note properly transferred but when I tried to download It again I was asked to pay again. I checked here and was told it worked like app purchases; they don't actually bill you. But today got billed again!

What should I do? Or is there nothing?

Roger1122
This happens now and then. Often if you wait about 48 hours you'll see a credit for the same amount. No idea why it happens, but it's happened to me about three or four times in as many years. I was upset the first time. I sent an email and received an apology and credit right away. Waited a bit the next few times and always received a credit. Odd...but at least they're on top of it.

Here's Apple's contact info:

Apple - Support - iPad - Contact Support

Apple - Support - Contact Support

Contacting Apple for support and service

Last edited:
OP
Roger1122

Roger1122

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you. It's already over 48hr without a correction so I'll try the Email route!

Roger

OP
Roger1122

Roger1122

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
I just went onto the apple support website page and you log in with the email you log into iTunes with and tell them the receipt no and the info you need to have credited and they will email you by computer fairly quickly and then an apple employee will get back to you with the message that they will refund the money to your card or whatever you have set up with them. Easy as that!

Sorry I didn't get back quicker, I had to go get my daughter and it took longer than I thought.

I see you're a science teacher in Somerset. I hale from Bristol and when I was a boy we often holidayed in Somerset and Devon. I also taught physics in a comprehensive school for two years. My wife is your age (I'm considerably older) and like you we are very happily married. That, and liking the iPad, give us quite a few things in common! Thanks for the help...

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Roger1122 said:
I see you're a science teacher in Somerset. I hale from Bristol and when I was a boy we often holidayed in Somerset and Devon. I also taught physics in a comprehensive school for two years. My wife is your age (I'm considerably older) and like you we are very happily married. That, and liking the iPad, give us quite a few things in common! Thanks for the help...

That's okay! Always a pleasure to help. I hate it myself when I don't know how to do things and the members on here are the greatest. I've made so many friends from all over the world.
I love my job, the kids are great and it's only when you come across certain kids that "do your head in" that you wonder why you are there but most of the time it's great! We have a large farming community so we don't have city kids. They can still be disrespectful but their backgrounds can be heartbreaking.

Most reactions

Latest posts