What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Itunes doesn't recognize my ipad

Susana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It worked when I first set it up, but now it doesn't show up. I have the latest itunes installed and still nothing. I am using the power cord it came with, using the computer USB and it is fully charged. Any more suggestions?

blac2k8cs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have a passcode lock on your ipad unlock it. Also make sure your cable is completely plugged in to the ipad. I am guilty of that.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had this problem too. I've tried a couple of things that seem, more or less, to work.

(1) Restart your PC.
(2) Restart your iPad - you can do this by pressing *and holding* the iPad power button until a slider control appears offering you the option to switch the iPad completely off. Slide the control. A white rotating 'bezel' appears in the middle of the screen for a few seconds as the iPad powers down.

When the screen has gone completely blank, press *and hold* the Power button until a white Apple logo appears on the screen and the iPad starts to power up. Note that, during this power-up process, the automatic iPad screen orientation doesn't work, so don't panic.

After about ten seconds, the iPad makes a 'noise'/jingle and, a few seconds later, it's fully powered up and 'back to normal'. This process - of completely switching the iPad off - seems to cure a whole range of 'problems' and several Forum members have recommended doing this anyway about once a week as 'good practice'.

I've also found that it seems to make a difference whether iTunes is up and running on your PC when you plug the iPad in or whether you plug the iPad in when iTunes is not running (and iTunes then either starts automatically or you manually start it up, once the iPad is plugged in).

I've come to accept that the process of getting the iPad to appear in the left-hand column of iTunes is a bit 'flaky' (more likely it's me that's flaky!), so don't worry too much; try a couple of different approaches and hopefully something will work.

Let us all know how you get on!! Good Luck.

Tim
Scotland

OP
S

Susana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, out of the blue it worked today so that problem seems to be solved! Another problem, how do I remove my music off my iPad?

Most reactions