What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iTunes doesn't recognize iPad 3. Absinthe jb 2.0.1

jdowlin3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey,

I jailbroke my new iPad ( iPad 3) a while back, but really didn't' notice that iTunes did not recognize it any longer till today. I believe that I had connected the two a few weeks back and it was fine, but all of a sudden it (iTunes) no longer picks it up either with wifi or when I plug it in to my computer. Has anyone else had this problem? I tried to do a search for this topic but found nothing. If there's an existing thread; sorry I'm new and didn't see it.

Thanks for the help

iPad 3
Using Ansinthe 2.0.1

boostme

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you have Windows 7? The new version of Itunes doesn't work well...that's the only thing I can come up with..

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't have that problem and so can't replicate it (or probably help). My only question is - do you have the most current iTunes loaded? That may be the cause.

Sorry, but that's all I've got. Hopefully, someone will,be along soon withmbetter help.

Marilyn

OP
J

jdowlin3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey,

I'm runnings iTunes 10.6.3 and OS X 10.7.4. My iPhone on 5.01 is fine its just the iPad. I went back and looked, it sync' to iTunes fine a few days after I jailbroke it. Guess its just something I added or changed. Going back through my stuff to see if can find the problem. Thanks for your help.

OP
J

jdowlin3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tired the simplest first being switch the cord from aftermarket to the one that came with the iPad. While wifi sync still didn't work, when I connected the cord to the computer iTunes decided to recognize it. It's odd but it works. Thanks again guys for the ideas and help.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, whilst you may think "a cable is a cable", they can be very important for iDevices. That's not to say that aftermarket ones don't work, but old or poor quality ones can cause problems. The Apple 30 pin dock specification includes things such as recognising accessories by the resistance presented on particular pins.
It's likely the cable was misbehaving slightly, making the device believe it was connected to something other than a PC, or perhaps there's just a bad connection in there now...

Anyhoo, best to stick to the official cable where you have it available... Particularly for significant operations such as an IOS restore :D

Most reactions