1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

itunes doesn't recognize ipad 2

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by kimkim, May 31, 2012.

1. kimkim

kimkim iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Itunes and my PC doesn't recognize my ipad 2 :(( I've read similar questions like mine, but still didn't help me. Somebody who has a kind heart help me please? :( It's been 10 hours and I haven't find any solution to the problem.
    • I already reset my ipad. MANY TIMES
    • reboot my computer MANY TIMES
    • re install the LATEST ITUNES 3 TIMES
    • watched videos on youtube MANY TIMES
    Not even one solution helped me. So please help me? :'(

Please, transfer this thread if misplaced, i am new here.
  2. Surfinette

Surfinette iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Did you try with an other cable?
  3. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,753 / 0
    If its not the cable...

Do you remember the last time you were able to connect the iPad with iTunes? What did you do, either with the iPad or with iTunes since that time. We need to know what you may have done since your last connection that we different and so caused iTunes to not see the iPad.

And, is your iPad jail broken? What version of iOS is it running?

Any other info you can give us will probably help to try to figure this out. Thanks.

Marilyn
  4. kimkim

kimkim iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My iPad isn't jailboken. iTunes still recognize my ipad before I installed the latest version of itunes.

HERE IS THE STORY:

I want to update my iPad to IOS 5. First I back up, then after backing up I click on update.... Then it says I need the latest version of iTunes. Then I downloaded the latest version of iTunes. After I downloaded it, iTunes doesn't recognize my iPad anymore. I already tried re installing all the apple softwares. Still no avail. Help me? :(
  5. Mickey330

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,753 / 0
    After you reinstalled iTunes, did you reboot your computer? And, have you rebooted your iPad?

Does you computer see your iPad at all (does it show up as a drive) - or is it not seen at at all by your computer, not just iTunes.

Also, have a look at this link from Apple support, particularly the part about the mobile device driver: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1538.

Hopefully, something here or in that link will work. Keep us posted on your progress...

Marilyn
  6. kimkim

kimkim iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  7. kimkim

kimkim iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Never mind this post. I'll update you if it's successful :)
    Last edited: May 31, 2012
  8. kimkim

kimkim iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Last edited: May 31, 2012
  9. Mickey330

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,753 / 0
    Heck, thats the good news! It means that your cable is fine and that your PC recognizes your iPad (you'd have worse trouble if the PC didn't recognize it while plugged in).

When you first plug in the iPad, do you get a Windows Explorer window pop-up? If yes, just "x" it out to dismiss it and then see it iTunes can see it. If you close the window any other way, that may be an issue...

If that didn't work, try a couple of things:

(1) Plug the iPad into a different USB port, preferably one that is directly on the computer (not a USB hub or dock). Wait, perhaps for a long time, until you hear the connection noise. Connecting it to t different USB port forces the PC to check and perhaps load the device driver. Again, this may the a while, just don't unplug it, give it a chance to work

(2) See if you can reset or restart the Mobile Device Driver. To do:

(a) Open "run" from the start menu, and run "services.msc"

(b) Find "Apple Mobile Device" service

(c) In the "status" column it will tell you if it is started or not, and the "startup type" column will tell you if it will start automatically when windows starts. Set the status to "started" and the startup type to "automatic". To do this

(1c) Right click on this process, and then click on "Properties".

(2c) In the "general" tab find the "startup type" drop-down arrow menu and make sure "automatic" is selected. Select it if it is not.

(3c) Also in the general tab check the "service status". If it does not say "started" then click the start button

(d) Then, at the bottom of the properties window click "apply"

See if any of that helps.

Marilyn
  10. kimkim

kimkim iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    NO :( I'm sorry. Maybe it has problem with the drivers? I've encountered a pop up box it says that it has problem with the drivers but I accidentally press X. :'(
  11. kimkim

kimkim iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  12. kimkim

kimkim iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I feel like crying.
  13. followthesapper

followthesapper iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26 / 0
    Try re-installing the Apple USB drivers.

1. Connect the device to the computer.
    2. Quit iTunes if it launches.
    3. Click the Start menu, right-click on Computer, and choose Properties.
    4. In the upper-left corner, click Device Manager. The Device Manager window should open.
    5. Click the plus (+) icon (or disclosure triangle ([​IMG]) for Windows 7) next to Universal Serial Bus controllers to expand this selection.[​IMG]
    6. Locate the Apple Mobile Device USB Driver in this list. If this entry is displayed without any downward arrow, "!" or "?" symbols over it, then this driver is successfully installed. Proceed to the next section titled "Check for third-party mobile phone software".
    • If the Apple Mobile Device USB Driver is not listed, proceed to the section below titled "If the Apple Mobile Device USB Driver is not listed".
    • A downward arrow appearing next to the device's entry in Device Manager indicates that this device is disabled. To enable this device, right-click its entry in Device Manager and choose Enable from the shortcut menu.[​IMG]
    • If the Apple Mobile Device USB Driver entry is listed, but has an exclamation mark or question mark over it, continue to the next steps to reinstall the Apple Mobile Device driver.
    [h=4]Reinstall the Apple Mobile Device Driver[/h]
    1. Right-click the Apple Mobile Device entry in Device Manager and choose Uninstall from the shortcut menu.
    2. When prompted, select the box "Delete the driver software for this device" and click OK.
      [​IMG]
    3. In the resulting dialog box, click OK.
    4. In the Device Manager window, right-click Universal Serial Bus controllers and choose Scan for hardware changes from the shortcut menu.
    Windows Vista and Windows 7:
    [​IMG]
    Windows automatically reinstalls the necessary drivers and attempts to remount the device.
    • If the Apple Mobile Device USB Driver entry still has an exclamation mark or question mark over it, continue to the next steps to manually update the Apple Mobile Device driver.
    [h=4]Update the Apple Mobile Device Driver[/h]
    1. Right-click the Apple Mobile Device entry in Device Manager and choose Update Driver Software.
    2. Select "Browse my computer for driver software."
    3. Select "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer."
      [​IMG]
    4. Click the Have Disk button. Note: If the Have Disk option is not present, choose a device category such as Mobile Phone or Storage Device if listed, and then click next. The Have Disk button should then appear.
      [​IMG]
    5. Click the Browse button and navigate toC:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers.
      Note: If using a 64-bit version of Windows Vista or Windows 7, navigate toC:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers.
    6. Double-click the "usbaapl"file. (This file will be called"usbaapl64"if you have a 64-bit version of Windows. If you don't see" usbaapl64" here, or if there is no Drivers folder, look in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers instead).
      [​IMG]
    7. Click Open in the Have Disk window. Then, click Next and then Click Finish. Windows will install the driver.
    Note: During installation, if a message appears stating that the software you are installing "has not passed Windows Logo testing," click Continue Anyway to continue installing the drivers.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. kimkim

kimkim iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I couldn't find Apple Mobile Device but then I clicked APPLE IPAD in the PORTABLE DEVICES CORNER. I followed all the steps but I get this annoying message http://i49.tinypic.com/ofpqx3.png :(
  15. kimkim

kimkim iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I guess it's time to reformat my computer, it's the only way to solve all the problem right? :(
  16. Mickey330

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,753 / 0
    I know this is a pain. Try one more thing. You Sid you did, but uninstall iTunes (again!) using the directions from Apple (they're in that link I first posted). Double check to make sure that all traces of iTunes is gone. Once that is done, reboot your computer.

then, go back to the Apple web site and download iTunes again. Maybe you just had a bad download... Oh, and this time, try a different browser than what you used before to download. Try to make the download as new as possible to your computer.

One thing I forgot to ask. Do you have access to a different iTunes on a different computer? If so, try plugging the iPad in and see if it gets recognized. don't click any of the pop-up window buttons as you don't want to sync with that iTunes, you're just doing a test.

I'm sorry, but I am out of ideas. Maybe a phone call to Apple support is in order?

Marilyn
  17. skimonkey

skimonkey Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,027 / 0
    I've been following this thread since it started and think how wonderful the info has been given from both Mickey330 and Followthesapper. Very nicely done all of the detailed postings-this will also help other members, including myself.

@kim...I feel for you, I hope this can all work out for you. Good luck!
  18. kimkim

kimkim iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I will try it later :) I'm still tired.
    I love you all guys, you're the best ever! Wishing you all the best! :D
  19. kimkim

kimkim iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It still doesn't work. I may have to conclude that my computer has a problem if I can sync in another computer and I may have to try that one of these days. Again, thank you for your help! :) You made miserable lives EASY and GREAT! :) I love it here thank you :D
  20. Mickey330

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,753 / 0
    I am sorry you have this issue - and that I couldn't help. Maybe you do need to go to another computer. Not the best solution, but I've run out of things to try...

Sorry, again.

Marilyn