What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Itunes - Documents????

pltan75

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there,

I've recently upgraded to the new Itunes. And the new interface has me scratching my head.

Previously if you clicked on an App you had a the ability to add files to a 'documents' category. For example lossless music in the Goldenear app. For the life of me I can't find this in the new Itunes. Can someone please help?

OP
P

pltan75

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nevermind I found the answer, a lot of the side menus were disabled automatically on upgrading.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Glad you found it.

You'll also have the ability to select your device from the button at the top right, next to the iTunes Store button button (does not show if you are in the iTunes Store).

iTunes11Device.png

If you have more than one device connected (USB or wifi) it becomes a menu.

Once the device is selected the usual tabs are seen at the top, including the Apps tab with the File sharing section at the bottom of the screen.

It is possible to do everything without the side bar, which is why it is hidden, I suppose. I turned it on for a bit, then turned it back off again; because I want to force myself to use the new options for a while. That way I can make a fair evaluation which is better for the long haul.

Most reactions

Latest posts