iTunes default for ePub?

Discussion in 'iBooks' started by sceadugenga, Jul 11, 2014.

1. sceadugenga

sceadugenga iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    I don't really understand this myself, somehow my epub books saved on my Windows 7 powered PC have become tied to iTunes.
    They have a little iTunes icon next to them rather than the standard ePub one.

Subsequently every time I fiddle with one on my PC iTunes starts up, which is a pain on a Windows machine.

I need to get back to normal.

2. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,193 / 0
    Huh. I don't know what you did either - but I'm pretty sure I can help you fix it. :) See this for directions:

[​IMG]

Once you've changed the opening properties of one ePub, by default, you've changed all the others.

I had a look through my iTunes to see if there was a button that could have been clicked to make iTunes the default for opening ePub books; couldn't find one. So, for that, may I sug(est just keeping an eye out when you're dealing with ePubs and iTunes to just make sure iTunes isn't somehow pulling a fast one on you.

Hopefully, this procedure will get you back to normal. If yes, yay! If not, holler back and we'll take another shot at it.

Marilyn

• Like Like x 3
  3. sceadugenga

sceadugenga iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Thanks very much Marilyn, that brought it back to the Firefox plugin thingy I used before.

I'd say I'd used iTunes for something and overlooked a tiny message box that had to be unclicked making iTunes my default program for everything including peeling vegetables and bathing the dog.

Thanks again.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,193 / 0
    Great! Glad that was it and that I was able to help.

And, thanks for coming back and telling us your problem got resolved. Always nice to hear back - especially the success stories. :)

Marilyn