What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iTunes default for ePub?

sceadugenga

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
dspoverseas.proboards.com
I don't really understand this myself, somehow my epub books saved on my Windows 7 powered PC have become tied to iTunes.
They have a little iTunes icon next to them rather than the standard ePub one.

Subsequently every time I fiddle with one on my PC iTunes starts up, which is a pain on a Windows machine.

I need to get back to normal.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't really understand this myself, somehow my epub books saved on my Windows 7 powered PC have become tied to iTunes.
They have a little iTunes icon next to them rather than the standard ePub one.

Subsequently every time I fiddle with one on my PC iTunes starts up, which is a pain on a Windows machine.

I need to get back to normal.

Huh. I don't know what you did either - but I'm pretty sure I can help you fix it. :) See this for directions:

ese6eqen.jpg

Once you've changed the opening properties of one ePub, by default, you've changed all the others.

I had a look through my iTunes to see if there was a button that could have been clicked to make iTunes the default for opening ePub books; couldn't find one. So, for that, may I sug(est just keeping an eye out when you're dealing with ePubs and iTunes to just make sure iTunes isn't somehow pulling a fast one on you.

Hopefully, this procedure will get you back to normal. If yes, yay! If not, holler back and we'll take another shot at it.

Marilyn

OP
sceadugenga

sceadugenga

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
dspoverseas.proboards.com
Thanks very much Marilyn, that brought it back to the Firefox plugin thingy I used before.

I'd say I'd used iTunes for something and overlooked a tiny message box that had to be unclicked making iTunes my default program for everything including peeling vegetables and bathing the dog.

Thanks again.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Great! Glad that was it and that I was able to help.

And, thanks for coming back and telling us your problem got resolved. Always nice to hear back - especially the success stories. :)

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts