What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iTunes cloud

Ruthie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I recently purchased an album from iTunes. I have noticed that where it shows some of the songs on my computer a large number of them are not highlighted and they have a cloud next to them. How do I get them out of the cloud and into my music list? I tried paying £21 so that I could have my music on a number of devices but it hasn't worked!

rasmith1959

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I recently purchased an album from iTunes. I have noticed that where it shows some of the songs on my computer a large number of them are not highlighted and they have a cloud next to them. How do I get them out of the cloud and into my music list? I tried paying £21 so that I could have my music on a number of devices but it hasn't worked!

Easy, just tap on the cloud on your iOS device or click on it on your Mac or PC to download the song to your device.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

adilmalick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The workaround to unmatched songs is having a smart playlist where the iCloud Status is Error, Ineligible, or Duplicate and the Media Kind is Music. This list will identify problems with your library. Right click on those songs, create a 256 AAC version, and re-match them.

edit: You can also do it the other way around. Have a smart playlist where the iCloud Status is Matched and the Media Kind is Music. Delete those files (let iTunes move them to the trash but keep them in the cloud(!)). Do this until you're done and your whole library shows as being Available for Download (that little icon if you switch to list view). Then just download the files if you're done with everything.

Most reactions