What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iTunes Apps Number?

Tom P.

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What is the number shown in iTunes beside the Apps category in the Library section (top-left) as shown below. I thought it was indicating the number of apps I had not synched yet or transferred but it is still there after a sync.

IfMAAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

Attachments

• Apps #.JPG
    Apps #.JPG
    11.7 KB · Views: 975
OP
T

Tom P.

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think it's the number of updates needed in your apps library. Just click to check for updates

All of my apps are up to date according to the App Store app on the iPad. What do you mean by "just click to check for updates". In iTunes, this does nothing.

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
Your device apps might be, but your iTunes library apps aren't always. When you sync and transfer purchases the apps in your library sometimes need updating as well.

Click in the apps option in iTunes then scroll right down the bottom of the screen and it'll give you the option to check for app updates, all within iTunes and your iTunes library.

OP
T

Tom P.

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ahhhhh... many thanks. I did not know about this iTunes update for apps. Updates complete and number beside Apps is now gone. And just when I thought I knew everything! :)

Most reactions

Latest posts