What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iTunes account trouble

Nkenyon10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having trouble buying iBooks even though I have $30+ on my iTunes account, a book for $12.99 gives me insufficient funds. What am I doing wrong?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Make sure you're logged in with your Apple ID in the App Store, iTunes Store or iBooks Store.

It's possible that the amount of money you see in your account isn't up to date, and there are less than the $ 12.99. To make sure you see the right balance, go to one of the stores, tap your Apple ID, select "View Apple ID", and enter your password. If the balance wasn't up to date before (happens sometimes), then it will be now, and you'll find it at the top of the next page (Apple ID Balance).

OP
N

Nkenyon10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did that and my account has $30.44. I am still unable to buy the book. The little blue circle starts to spin but it returns to the book price.

OP
N

Nkenyon10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just tried buying the book again and received the same results, only my account balance went from $30.00 to $2 and I have nothing to show for the deduction in funds. Very frustrating!!!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Contact iTunes and explain the problem. I had a similar problem with an iTunes purchase and Apple gave me a full refund.

Most reactions

Latest posts