1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Itunes account confusion

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by cheeky monkey, Jun 3, 2011.

1. cheeky monkey

cheeky monkey iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    All ready have two ind iTunes acc one in my name for iPhone and one in partners name for iPod touch , have ipad2 sitting in box as our iTunes acc seem to have got confused and everytime one of us updates on comp it loads also all of partners downloads and I'm so scared I don't won't same thing to happen to my new baby !! By the way it happens even if the other account is logged out, please please could somebody help me or point us in the right direction . Many thanks, wait with baited breath
  2. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +120 / 0
    I've moved this to the Help section with a permanent redirect, where I think it will receive better attention.

Tim
  3. cheeky monkey

cheeky monkey iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thankyou for that, havent a clue on these forums!!
  4. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,912 / 1
    The best solution to keeping individual accounts separate on individual devices is for each user to have their own logon to the computer, or use different computers. This way the iTunes libraries can be set up for just that account and user.

The alternative is to use one account for all the devices. Apple even endorses this for family members. It can save you money, since you only have to buy each app once. And iTunes will recognize each device and allow different sync settings for them. But remember, if people go their separate ways, someone is leaving without the account and it's contents.

While it is possible to mix accounts in the same iTunes library and on multiple devices, and there are people here that do so, I wouldn't do it unless you have no choice. It's simply a pain to keep track off, especially if more than one person is controlling the devices and library data.