What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Itunes 9.2.061 - Ipad shows up as camera

WarIsPeace

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Installed latest update to itunes - hoping it would resolve my other app sync issues (on xp machine) but instead itunes can no longer see the ipad, and windows xp thinks it is a camera...

Apple... really?

Any suggestions?

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Thats very odd because I don't think iTunes has any support for any cameras at all.

Is it just a windows box prompting that its a camera and asking what you want to do to import the photo's? If so, that is normal since the ipad and iphones have always showed up in windows as a camera or storage device so that pictures could be transferred from it.

Have you jailbroken your iPad? There have been reported issues with the new iTunes breaking the spirit jailbreak.

OP
W

WarIsPeace

iPF Noob
Reaction score
:) yes, nice clarification. It is windows box that shows it as a camera, but Itunes does not show it at all. Both happened post 9.2

I had to hit a restore point prior to installing it, then install 9.1 and it is all good now.

Just un-installing itunes didn't do it.

As interesting side-affect, other issue I had regarding some apps not appearing in sync screen has been fixed.... curious.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
While connected to the computer with itunes open Try holding the home button and sleep/wake button at the same time.

As soon as the iPad reboots count to 10

once you have counted to 10 release the sleep/wake button while continuing to hold the home button.

Itunes should then pop up a message saying it detected an iPad in DFU mode and allow you to perform a restore.

Most reactions

Latest posts