What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iTunes 9.1 is now up!

brobar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iTunes 9.1 is now up (just downloaded it). Wanted to make sure I got in and downloaded it now instead of waiting 'till Saturday when hundreds of thousands of other people might be trying to download it at the same time.

Quick... get it: LINK

Apple today released iTunes 9.1 via Software Update and the company's iTunes download page. As disclosed by MacRumors yesterday, the update brings several enhancements such as support for iPad syncing including eBook content and greater customizability of Genius Mixes.iTunes 9.1 comes with several new features and improvements, including:

- Sync with iPad to enjoy your favorite music, movies, TV shows, books and more on the go

- Organize and sync books you've downloaded from iBooks on iPad or added to your iTunes library

- Rename, rearrange, or remove Genius Mixes
Apple's iPad is scheduled to launch in the U.S. this Saturday, with the iBooks application and iBookstore expected to go live there at approximately the same time.

Last edited:

iDaryl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks!!

iTunes 9.1 is now up (just downloaded it). Wanted to make sure I got in and downloaded it now instead of waiting 'till Saturday when hundreds of thousands of other people might be trying to download it at the same time.

Quick... get it: LINK

Good idea... I'm grabbing it tonight...

KiltedTim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hooray! One less thing I have to worry about on Saturday morning!

Check for updates directly from iTunes said I had the latest version, but Software update found it along with an update to iPhoto. Undoubtedly to support the iPad as well.

Dorje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Really? You must have missed an update because all I had was an iTunes update.

No sign of an iBooks store or iPad subsections. I wonder how they'll roll that out.

wot_fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I downloaded it a little while ago. The only thing I have noticed that is different so far is they changed Audiobooks to Books (under Library). iTunes will now let you import ePub files. They show up under Books but there doesn't seem to be any way to open them from in iTunes. Any one spot any other changes?

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up, just updated both of my macs. Wanna make sure I'm 100% ready!

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am not so surprised we got two update in the same day (Mac OS & iTunes), we can see those guy in Apple have plan everything not like the guys in Redmond like they announce a new mobile OS and they say all you're old app's can't be used ... the last update i am waiting and i am sure will come out soon is the iPhone OS

but i keep a question .. do Apple will allow us to transfer all app's in our iphone and what about the in App buying ??

buyrihn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am not so surprised we got two update in the same day (Mac OS & iTunes), we can see those guy in Apple have plan everything not like the guys in Redmond like they announce a new mobile OS and they say all you're old app's can't be used ... the last update i am waiting and i am sure will come out soon is the iPhone OS

but i keep a question .. do Apple will allow us to transfer all app's in our iphone and what about the in App buying ??

Yes, all your iPhone apps will transfer to the iPad. Cool, huh?

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad application

Yes, all your iPhone apps will transfer to the iPad. Cool, huh?

Yeah cool if it's like this :D

codyhinson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
this is weirs i did the itunes update yesterday and when i synched my iphone this am when i went to edit songs and stuff it has addeed a full picture of my iphone and added a option to convert higher bit rate songs.

kilofox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have already loaded a couple of epub books into iTunes. Ironically, I can not view them on my iMac.

4478986946_d0b0a7d17e_o.jpg

Greg G

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I read that .avi files were supposed to be supported by the iPad but I can't add any to the new iTunes. Anyone else try?

-Greg

Most reactions

Latest posts