What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ITunes 12.3.3.17 not recognising iPad

lizzieh

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm trying to sync my files but iTunes no longer recognises my iPad. Is anyone able to help? It shows only as a new iPad. Using Win 7.

Last edited:
OP
lizzieh

lizzieh

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I seem to have lost my iTunes library onthe laptop.

OP
lizzieh

lizzieh

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The error I am now getting is This iPad is synced with another iTunes library on Liz,s laptop.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If possible, backup your iPad. It might be necessary to restore your device then. With the backup you created before restoring, your music, data, ... should be there again afterwards.

OP
lizzieh

lizzieh

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I did all of that. When connecting to iTunes it still said the same. So I closed iTunes, and reopened it while holding the shift key, and used the option to choose a previous library - and there were all my apps, music etc.

I just don't want the problem again next time I want to sync music etc. In future I think I will use iTunes just to back up, and find another way to transfer files.

Most reactions

Latest posts