What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Itunes 10.5 downloading now

Caligula

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just downloading Itunes 10.5 which is needed for Ios 5.....I wonder if Ios5 will be available on the stroke of midnight here in the UK? If so I will stay up and do the deed

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
How do you folks get this info so fast? Doesn't anyone work?

OP
C

Caligula

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think ~ it is available here first, in Cali, at 10AM pacific time. So when would it hit you guys?

Looks like I might as well head for bed then ..........it'll be 6:00 pm here. But, hang on, surely they will stagger the release times to limit the load on the servers?. So it's already Wednesday down Australia way so are they d/l it right now?

littlesue73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's normally 6pm uk time all past major os updates have been 6pm

chris59

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes I dowloaded 10.5 and hoped IOS5 might be aftrr midnight in the UK but guess it will roll out in the US first which is only fair
as long as we are not far behind as want to have a play before I get the 4s hopefully on Friday.

Chris

hetty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's midday, Wednesday 12th here on the east coast of Australia. I downloaded the iTunes upgrade, but can't find anything about iOS5. We'll get it after the US.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It will be available of the 12th Cupertino time....

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have NO idea why iTunesSetup.exe is going to take an hour, but it is. I'm downloading iTunes 10.5 now as well.
:mad:

anmanwar

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think my daughters iPod touch is updating now. We updated the iTunes and when her iPod plugged in it started the update right away. This was around 8:30pm. It's been almost 2 hours and it's STILL updating!!

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It took me almost an hour - but that was without the iPad connected to the pc. I was surprised it took that long, but I guess it would for 75 mb info!!

Lavenderlady*w*iPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I was able to update to iTunes 10.5 on my Dell laptop (XP) and my brand new MacBook Pro :)) but on my desktop, Dell XPS running Vista, it keep failing. (I tried about 5 times.) And unfortunately that is the computer that my iPad1 is synced to at this time!! (It is dying, that is why I just bought the MacBook Pro.) It said if the update failed to download the update only from Tools and manually install. I did that, but when I got to the install part, it looks like a new install of iTunes. I was afraid I would lose everything in my current iTunes if I did that so I canceled. I don't know what to do now.

I wanted to have the MacBook Pro be the computer the iPad syncs to, but got a little nervous when I tried to transfer it and it said it would wipe my iPad. Does that just mean the photos or all the apps and content of the apps too?? I am not technical at all and really am afraid of messing something up. Can I update my iPad on the mac even though it is not the one I normally sync to? I am totally confused about what to do at this point. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Most reactions

Latest posts