What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iTouch and iPad as a tag team?

foothillfanatic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the iPad 2, but was thinking that the ITouch might be useful when it is inconvenient to pack the larger iPad around. Have others used these two devices as a tag team? And can they be synced so the same apps and data are available on both?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
For the most part, yes, though I do it using a 4S. I have to admit, though, that I don't like duplicating that much. Wasteful of space (I have 64 GB versions of each, too). I keep music on the phone and movies on the iPad...using the iCloud, you can get to your apps data files, but a lot of stuff I don't want on a tiny phone. And there are some apps that only work on the iPad.

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is nice to have a smaller device at times. I would vote if possible for you to go with an iPhone. That way you would not have to carry around an iPod and a phone.

davidinvirginia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm new to the iPad, but have had Touch (3GB) for a couple of years now and use it while driving to listen to podcasts and music. Tried that with the iPad and the Touch is more convenient. Plus, I don't want to store all (not that much actually) that music on my iPad. Plus, I usually carry the Touch with me and use it when I am in a place with WiFi.

OP
foothillfanatic

foothillfanatic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, I probably won't go the iPhone route due to monthly costs, but can see a real convenience slipping the ITouch into my pocket for a quick run into Starbucks when on the road. Mostly think I would use it for imessaging, FaceTime, and camera. If just used for that would 8G be adequate?

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I find my touch 4 useful for books, audiobooks and music, even with two iPads. The iPads are too bulky and weighty to carry everywhere. I like that touch fits in one hand or a pocket for various situations, like when I'm on a crowded subway. I keep a lot of content on mine, which is 64GBs.

davidinvirginia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, I probably won't go the iPhone route due to monthly costs, but can see a real convenience slipping the ITouch into my pocket for a quick run into Starbucks when on the road. Mostly think I would use it for imessaging, FaceTime, and camera. If just used for that would 8G be adequate?

Probably not. Mine is 32GB and I have about 9GB of stuff on it. A 16GB would be useful, but Apple doesn't have that.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPod Touch lacks a capability for 3G/4G data which is important to me. I have an older model that does fine for a music player, but it cannot function as a GPS and video is better on the iPad. For my needs the Touch is not viable. I would rather use my Nano for taking music anywhere, and the iPad for everything else. The only way that I could get interested is if the camera gets a lot better and they add a few capabilities. If they were to make the rumored 7-8" screen iPad, I think it would be the nail in the Touch's coffin. A possiblity is that they could create a device the size of the Touch, but with a hinge where it has double the screen size when open.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
I find my touch 4 useful for books, audiobooks and music, even with two iPads. The iPads are too bulky and weighty to carry everywhere. I like that touch fits in one hand or a pocket for various situations, like when I'm on a crowded subway. I keep a lot of content on mine, which is 64GBs.

Wow..... I've never come across a technocrat female like you before! Where are the rest of them hiding? Do you know of any single ones? :)

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow..... I've never come across a technocrat female like you before! Where are the rest of them hiding? Do you know of any single ones? :)

Lol. What I find among my women friends who are tech savvy: We all like tech that delivers functionality, rather than liking tech for tech's sake alone.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
Lol. What I find among my women friends who are tech savvy: We all like tech that delivers functionality, rather than liking tech for tech's sake alone.

So, are you implying that us guys like tech for tech's sake, alone? You wouldn't be implying that, right?

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So, are you implying that us guys like tech for tech's sake, alone? You wouldn't be implying that, right?

No. I meant what I wrote. I can only talk about the women I know. I can't even talk about women I don't know, much less men in general.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I love my iPod and use it just as much as I do my iPad. I use both to get to this forum-which is handy when one is being charged. I keep all my music on my iPod to just so I can take it to the gym. Love the ease and functionality of the both devices.

Most reactions