iTouch and iPad as a tag team?

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by foothillfanatic, May 16, 2012.

1. foothillfanatic

foothillfanatic iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have the iPad 2, but was thinking that the ITouch might be useful when it is inconvenient to pack the larger iPad around. Have others used these two devices as a tag team? And can they be synced so the same apps and data are available on both?
  2. AQ_OC

AQ_OC Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +430 / 0
    For the most part, yes, though I do it using a 4S. I have to admit, though, that I don't like duplicating that much. Wasteful of space (I have 64 GB versions of each, too). I keep music on the phone and movies on the iPad...using the iCloud, you can get to your apps data files, but a lot of stuff I don't want on a tiny phone. And there are some apps that only work on the iPad.
  3. seneca18

seneca18 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0
    It is nice to have a smaller device at times. I would vote if possible for you to go with an iPhone. That way you would not have to carry around an iPod and a phone.
  4. davidinvirginia

davidinvirginia iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I'm new to the iPad, but have had Touch (3GB) for a couple of years now and use it while driving to listen to podcasts and music. Tried that with the iPad and the Touch is more convenient. Plus, I don't want to store all (not that much actually) that music on my iPad. Plus, I usually carry the Touch with me and use it when I am in a place with WiFi.
  5. foothillfanatic

foothillfanatic iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah, I probably won't go the iPhone route due to monthly costs, but can see a real convenience slipping the ITouch into my pocket for a quick run into Starbucks when on the road. Mostly think I would use it for imessaging, FaceTime, and camera. If just used for that would 8G be adequate?
  6. Kaykaykay

Kaykaykay iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +443 / 0
    I find my touch 4 useful for books, audiobooks and music, even with two iPads. The iPads are too bulky and weighty to carry everywhere. I like that touch fits in one hand or a pocket for various situations, like when I'm on a crowded subway. I keep a lot of content on mine, which is 64GBs.
  7. davidinvirginia

davidinvirginia iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Probably not. Mine is 32GB and I have about 9GB of stuff on it. A 16GB would be useful, but Apple doesn't have that.
  8. Seadog

Seadog Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +52 / 0
    The iPod Touch lacks a capability for 3G/4G data which is important to me. I have an older model that does fine for a music player, but it cannot function as a GPS and video is better on the iPad. For my needs the Touch is not viable. I would rather use my Nano for taking music anywhere, and the iPad for everything else. The only way that I could get interested is if the camera gets a lot better and they add a few capabilities. If they were to make the rumored 7-8" screen iPad, I think it would be the nail in the Touch's coffin. A possiblity is that they could create a device the size of the Touch, but with a hinge where it has double the screen size when open.
  9. AQ_OC

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +430 / 0
    Wow..... I've never come across a technocrat female like you before! Where are the rest of them hiding? Do you know of any single ones? :)
  10. Kaykaykay

Kaykaykay iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +443 / 0
    Lol. What I find among my women friends who are tech savvy: We all like tech that delivers functionality, rather than liking tech for tech's sake alone.
  11. AQ_OC

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +430 / 0
    So, are you implying that us guys like tech for tech's sake, alone? You wouldn't be implying that, right?
  12. Kaykaykay

Kaykaykay iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +443 / 0
    No. I meant what I wrote. I can only talk about the women I know. I can't even talk about women I don't know, much less men in general.
  13. skimonkey

skimonkey Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,208 / 1
    I love my iPod and use it just as much as I do my iPad. I use both to get to this forum-which is handy when one is being charged. I keep all my music on my iPod to just so I can take it to the gym. Love the ease and functionality of the both devices.