What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Italics in Comic Sans

tommystrang

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As a writer of Scottish Maths textbooks, I have been using Comic Sans in Appleworks for a long time now.
Why can't I get Italics in Comic Sans in Pages like I did in Appleworks - Only Bold ?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Maybe because Pages does not have the Comics Sans font; at least not that I can find.

It probably replaced your Comic Sans with the nearest match, Chalkboard SE (or Marker Felt (thin)), which do not have a italics variants.

Hmm, I also notice that Noteworthy (next in line for Comic Sans likeness) also lacks italics.

Comics Sans used to be the default for the Notes app. It seems to have disappeared from iOS at the same time that the Notes app got updated, iOS 5.x. The Noteworthy font seems to have appeared at the same time, by not-so-strange coincidence.

No idea why, other than there is a lot of love-to-hate for the Comic Sans font in the typography world.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Out of curiosity I imported an OS X Pages document that had Comic Sans (still available there). I got this warning.

image-4230221916.jpg

The font was replaced by 12pt Helvetica.

Not that any of this offers you a solution, other than suggesting that you will have to adjust to a new look for your documents; if you want to use Pages on the iPad at any rate.

Most reactions

Latest posts