What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It is driving me berserk

robert1305

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My wife’s iPad and mine are set up nearly identically, we both us Gmail, they both work OK with the exception that hers has no sounds when she receives an email or when she sends one.

Also the Gmail icon on mine displays how many emails are waiting to be read, on hers , no.

I have had them side by side and set everything in the email settings on hers identical to mine, still no sounds.

Her iPad has volume and sound in everything else A OK, but not in emails.

Can anyone help please, I haven’t much hair left!!!!!

Regards Bob

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Robert - may just be a misbehaving app - not sure. But I would start w/ basics - first 'force close' the mail app, i.e. double tap the home button (or use multi-fingering gesturing) to open the multitask bar at the bottom of the home screen; find and press/hold the Mail icon until all begin to jiggle - tap the minus button to close the app; return to the home screen and try again.

If the above does not help, then 'Restart' and if not effective 'Reset' the iPad - directions HERE if unfamiliar w/ the maneuvers - good luck and please post back your results - :)

OP
robert1305

robert1305

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply giradman, tried your suggestions, still does not work, suppose a full restore might work. seems a bit drastic, like taking a sledge hammer to crack a nut, what do you think? :confused:

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Try this: go to settings, go to general, go to sounds, change new mail sound to your choosing, then go to sent mail, and again choose sound you wish. I have my sound set at 'ding' when I get new mail and 'swoosh' when I send an email. You also set the volumn for the sound effects for email in settings.

Most reactions

Latest posts