What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iSwifter

tawcat

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Any advantage in purchasing it over using the free version?

I think it is a much better app than Puffin.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
Doesn't it log you out after 60s of use?

So the main reason to purchase it would be to not have it auto kick your connection.

Hep, n that's sux to. It keeps coming with the pop up message saying to buy the app. It should be anyone who had the app previously shouldn't have to buy it since we already had it. Only new people installing it after the change should have to pay. If u keep canceling it'll let u mess around on the web but it's seeming like too much of a hassle now. I don't use it much, only to check a few sites I can't normally, that run on flash. Not worth me buying, IMO, if it's not gonna be my main browser or numb 2 one.

Reaction score
I purchased it, the registration never took so I keep getting the buy pop up yet when I go to buy again it says I already did.

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from my Incpad

Reaction score
I wanted to use it for Zoodles site for my toddler and it says I have to download the Flash player for the games to work so I just don't use it anymore. I think what it is I bought it on sale for .99 and all the proceeds went to Japan victims and now they want their other $2 cuz it keeps saying buy for $2.99.I actually got to use all the features the day I bought it and found Zoodles wont work.

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from my Incpad

Ingoiolo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought it to watch south park studios... When you get to the actual movie stream it works great, but getting there is such a pain, terrible browser, extremely laggy and slow

Biggysmallz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Doesn't it log you out after 60s of use?

So the main reason to purchase it would be to not have it auto kick your connection.

It auto kicks you out even if you have bought the app. This happens when you are playing videos and then a message comes up saying due to prolonged inactivity, the connection is closing. The way I get around that is every five minutes I have to tap the keyboard icon in the app and then tap it off again. That way the video keeps playing.

It is faster than Puffin but iSwifter is wifi only while Puffin can be accessed through 3g as well. It is not of much use if it is only going to be wifi.

The prompt that comes up about purchasing after you have already purchased it happened to me. I hit purchase again and got the message that I had already purchased it and it has functioned uninterrupted since.

imtilly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iSwifter Issue

I purchased this app and like others it kicks me out after approx 10 min of use due to inactivity. I tried tapping the screen every few minutes, but then an error box pops up in the middle of the screen which reads "Unable to connect to iSwifter". Then the video stops and I'm taken back to the home page. Does anyone have any suggestions for watching a full video? I deleted the app and reinstalled it. Problem is still there. I also contacted the developer, but have not heard back from them.

Most reactions

Latest posts