What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iStation Base (speaker dock)

Quicksilver71

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just thought you might be interested in this accessory which I recently bought on eBay. The reason I bought it was that I no longer have an iPhone or iPod so I thought it would be good to use my iPad as a music player when I'm at home.

I am very pleased with this so far. When you first use it, it asks you to install an app which is free. This gives you a special iPod screen and some other stuff for viewing photos and weather stuff, but really it doesn't add a lot. The sound quality is good and is a lot louder than the built in speakers. Also it comes with a little remote control so you don't have to keep touching the screen to change track or volume. This is great if you want to listen to music whilst cooking (which I do a lot).

It cost £60, and all in all I'm pretty pleased with it.

Most reactions