What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Issues

anmanwar

iPF Novice
Reaction score
having some odd issues. My iPad 2 is only 6 months old. Sometimes it just goes completely unresponsive....touching the screen doesn't work...can't open & close anything. Today the screen was actually "flashing" whenever I touched it. Only thing that works is a complete reboot. I keep my programs closed. Why do you think this is happening? It's been twice in the past week. Thanks annette

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Could be a loose connection some where inside or bad hardware. Your best bet is to take it into Apple for an exchange.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Annette - I assume that your iPad is not 'jailbroken'? But if so please post that fact - might be an issue?

Now by 'reboot' do you mean that you simply 'restarted' your iPad (by using only the on-off button at the top right) or did you also 'reset' the iPad (involves pressing the on-off & home buttons simultaneously); if not already done, try the reset option - Directions HERE - none of your apps or your data will be lost by this maneuver - good luck and please post back if the problem persists - :)

OP
anmanwar

anmanwar

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi, no it's not jail broken....and I have re-set it. When I do the reset it totally fixes the problem....I've had to do this twice recently. I'm just wondering what's going on and what could be causing it. Is this something that can happen normally?? Thanks!! Annette

giradman said:
Hi Annette - I assume that your iPad is not 'jailbroken'? But if so please post that fact - might be an issue?

Now by 'reboot' do you mean that you simply 'restarted' your iPad (by using only the on-off button at the top right) or did you also 'reset' the iPad (involves pressing the on-off & home buttons simultaneously); if not already done, try the reset option - Directions HERE - none of your apps or your data will be lost by this maneuver - good luck and please post back if the problem persists - :)

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi, no it's not jail broken....and I have re-set it. When I do the reset it totally fixes the problem....I've had to do this twice recently. I'm just wondering what's going on and what could be causing it. Is this something that can happen normally?? Thanks!! Annette

Well, since your iPad is still under its original warranty, I would agree w/ a previous poster, i.e. take the device into an Apple store if one is available near you or call Apple tech support - appears to be a hardware issue - good luck and please post your experience(s) - may help others. :)

Bingoldsby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Annette,

Have you installed any applications that are obviously inteneded for the iPhone?? That is, ones that only display in portrait view with small centered block and "2X" in the corner. There has been a lot of flap about some of those apps which the iPad might not like and can cause some unexpected malfunctioning. Just a thought.

Also, do you remember what you were doing and with what applications at the times the thing has messed up?

Brian - Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
anmanwar

anmanwar

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Brian, yes...come to think of it my daughter put 2 of her iPod touch apps on my iPad! I have seen the small screen you speak of. I'm gonna delete app and see if that helps. Thank you!! Annette

Most reactions