What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Issues With Virtual Keyboard

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've looked around and found only a vague reference to this problem on here but didn't want to hijack the thread topic so here I am. The problem I am having is on certain sites, when I am in the middle of typing my virtual keyboard will suddenly close. Atomic browser does it, so does mercury and icab. I am now currently using perfect browser and it still does it, but not as often. I like perfect for the most part but it doesn't have an adblocking option. Can anyone tell me if there is something I can do to stop this behavior, my iPad is jail broken and I am comfortable with any extent I have to go to to stop this behavior. Hope someone can help, thanks. :)

MarkK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found the best solution to be the usage of an external BT-keyboard.
typing is much easier with that as well.

sdf34sdf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This only happens to me if I start typing in a textfield when the site is not completely loaded. As soon as the site is loaded completely the keyboard will disappear and I have to click the text box again.

I found no workaround for that, most of the time I simply cancel the loading of the site as soon as the text box has loaded. It is really annoying.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
this is because you are typing before the page is fully loaded. when an image or something loads the text box that your typing in loses focus, when a text box loses focus the keyboard goes away, just like if you were to tap outside of the text box.

OP
Munky

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, I don't believe it is that....I opened Atomic browser to a page it does it on and let it fully load then waited a few minutes before I tried typing anything and it still kept doing it.

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You could also be touching the screen somewhere outside of the text-input box, which will drop the keyboard like a hammer. You can't touch the page while you're writing.

Most reactions